This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What makes Armageddon Fist so good?

#1Price_Of_FamePosted 11/15/2008 9:03:26 AM
Someone called it the best limit break combo in all of Final Fantasy...is it really that good?
---
90% of teens today would die if Myspace was completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature
#2renz0kukenPosted 11/15/2008 9:26:56 AM
With maximum strength and meltdown casted onto the enemy, it can probably do around 4000-5000 per hit. With decent luck, it will double to 8000-9999 or so.

With good reflexes, its possible to get in 1 hit in 0.02-0.05, so that makes around 200 hits or more.

Assuming half of your attacks are criticals.

Total Damage = 4000 x 100 + 8000 x 100 = 1.2 million.

That's why.
---
If you are sad, remember 3 things. 1. I am cute. 2. You are cute. 3. They are all ugly.
#3ChaosArbiterPosted 11/15/2008 9:30:28 AM
* It's spammable
* It's easy to input
* It's ridiculously easy to make the comparative strength difference enormous (Meltdown enemy vs Junctions +Str+ abilities)
* It's relatively easy to get a high enough time to kill most enemies in the game, yet remain safe from death

Dunno about "in all of Final Fantasy," as I've not played any aside from 7 and VIII (and MQ, but that's something else entirely), but it's probably pretty high up there.
---
Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo, hito o kizutsuke otoshimete.
Tsumi ni oboreshi gou no tama ... Ippen shinde miru?
#4Mikey_RPosted 11/15/2008 11:26:33 AM
The only other thing that comes close is ffx but you can do 99999 max damage with a single hit.

Wakkas overdrive can potentially do 1,199,988 damage.
Aeon anima overdrive 1,599,984 damage.
---
PSN: Mikey_R
Burnout Paradise: 101% cars + 101% bikes = 99.51%
#5The 3 Percent RarityPosted 11/15/2008 12:25:54 PM
If Zell has maxed out Luck, and every hit is a critical, you'll be getting 8000 with each Booya, and 9999 with each Heel Drop. Resulting in 1,799,900 damage, which not only tops FFX International Anima's OD of 15,999,984, but is VERY impressive for a game in which the damage cap per multi-hit move is 9,999.
---
"Nomekop is right. Multiple beta testers is an atrocious idea."
#6jascla92Posted 11/15/2008 12:43:19 PM
Right left, up down, right left, up down... repeat as fast as you can.

That's for the booya heel drop combo.

Booya punch rush would be right left, circle x, repeat.

Easy to do and lead directly off each other.

---
A fight is not won by one punch or kick. Either learn to endure or hire a bodyguard. Bruce Lee
#7eolsunderPosted 11/16/2008 10:18:53 AM
It definitely isn't the best limit combo in FF history.

It has the potential to do high damage, the highest physical damage in FF8, but in actuality its very boring, takes way to long to do the damage, and doesn't have alot of options.

So the best limit? Not even close. The highest damage? well, maybe one of the highest damage but not the highest.

In terms of physical damage, the highest is Zell, 2nd is Irvine, last is Squall.

---
I am outraged! I am outraged beyond words! Yet...I have something I want to say..
#8ChaosArbiterPosted 11/16/2008 11:30:03 AM
in actuality its very boring, takes way to long to do the damage, and doesn't have alot of options.

Those three have varying degrees of relevancy with whether it's the "best Limit" in Final Fantasy . The first is subjective, and has nothing to do with anything, really; the second is a practicality issue (and also somewhat subjective), and has a partial bearing on the topic, but it really matters on how you define "best;" the last is almost completely useless in terms of the discussion - when you're trying to kill an enemy, damage is the best way, and Armageddon Fist's lack of options (and easy input commands) actually *helps* its case - you know the best way to inflict damage, so you don't have to worry about whether to change the move you're using.
---
Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo, hito o kizutsuke otoshimete.
Tsumi ni oboreshi gou no tama ... Ippen shinde miru?
#9PantheraPosted 11/16/2008 2:21:27 PM
The sheer amount of time it takes puts it a step below more convenient attacks like Lionheart (although that suffers serious reliability issues). But Armageddon Fist isn't the most reliable of moves either; it's not like it's impossible for you to screw up, and it's pretty unlikely anyone will ever be able to consistently do it in the fastest time possible. It also loses points in relation to other attacks in the series (notably Attack Reels) because it simply isn't as needed; Omega is the only thing that poses enough of a threat for you to ever have any reason to consider using it to its potential. Attack Reels takes the cake for me because you can easily use it repeatedly (due to whichever move it is donates Overdrive gauges to another character, I don't remember the name) and most importantly, many of the arena monsters that it can defeat in one go can be deadly if not handled fast (at least at first, obviously once you've started ubering up a lot most of them lose their threat value), and quite a few things that it can't defeat in one go are still made vastly easier by it (Greater Sphere, Shinryu)
---
This Earth has died, yet no one has seen
~Electric Wizard-Funeralopolis
#10phiefer3Posted 11/16/2008 4:29:19 PM
The highest damage? well, maybe one of the highest damage but not the highest.

...did you read the posts above you? It currently holds the rank of having the highest damage potential of any of the games. If you disagree with that, then name at least one that it beats.

I'm not saying that everyone will be able to reliably turn out that much damage, or even that I can, but the limit itself is still capable of dealing the most damage.

Attack Reels takes the cake for me because you can easily use it repeatedly (due to whichever move it is donates Overdrive gauges to another character, I don't remember the name)

This statement I find somewhat Ironic. You're claiming that Attack Reels is the best, and therefore better than Duel, because you can use Entrust (the ability you couldn't remember the name of) to use it a few times in a row? When Duel, and every other limit in FF8 (random selection ones aside) can be used repeatedly every turn without any additional help.

I'm not saying you don't have a point about things like Attack Reels and the international version of Anima's Overdrive being more useful due to there being more enemies with enough HP to warrant such lofty damage totals, but it doesn't change the fact that Duel can do more than them.
---
[/rant]
No, I'm just genetically predisposed to awesomeness. ~fidormula