This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What was so terrible about the plot twist? *spoilers*

#1Perfect_Blue563Posted 3/21/2009 9:08:21 PM
The orphanage one. I thought it was cute...
---
Alt: Soshi_Strife726
#2hakanakumonoPosted 3/21/2009 9:46:30 PM

It just seems silly that they would forget and the "GF's made everyone forget" aspect is something obviously invented to prevent it from being absurd.

Aside from that, it's blown way out of proportion. It's really just a way of connecting the characters to Edea and making them question why she would be acting in such a way.

I've never really had a problem with it though, I've always just accepted it as part of the plot when playing it. There are other plot twists in Final Fantasies that have bothered me though.

#3Sir BahamutPosted 3/22/2009 2:48:27 AM
It was just kinda lame and such an artificial way of giving all the characters some deeper connection. It could have been fine if they had built up to it more, but instead it just came out of nowhere.

---
"You have to be 100% behind someone before you can stab them in the back" ~David Brent.
#4AlltraPosted 3/22/2009 4:43:02 AM
It was mentioned several times throughout the game, in a few different places, that GF's "Might" cause memory losses, so it really wasn't "Out of nowhere". It was kind of obscure, but it was there.
#5pho_Posted 3/22/2009 5:05:38 AM
Overall, still a great game.
---
PSN: stoopidsteven
#6Sir BahamutPosted 3/22/2009 6:03:57 AM
It was mentioned several times throughout the game, in a few different places, that GF's "Might" cause memory losses, so it really wasn't "Out of nowhere". It was kind of obscure, but it was there.

Not really. It was perhaps mentioned twice at most, and then not hinted at being significant either. It wasn't just 'obscure', it was a lame copout, like something they threw in so they could have an excuse for the twist. It was just handled very poorly.

---
"You have to be 100% behind someone before you can stab them in the back" ~David Brent.
#7the_sage2600Posted 3/22/2009 6:50:05 AM
And, the GF's making them forget isn't even touched again after that. >_>
---
I'm gameFAQ's resident giant!
I'm six foot ten. <_<
#8fusespliffPosted 3/22/2009 8:29:05 AM
/\ Well they obviously forget to brush their teeth when they wake up at the inn.
---
Many People Suck,Nice People Swallow
#9MC RaZaRPosted 3/22/2009 9:03:15 AM
I thought it was OK. Nothing special though.
---
Oh, I don't want to walk that far. Anything that takes more than 12 steps isn't worth doing! Eh? 12? Get it? Steps! Hehehe.- Homer J. Simpson
#10PKNintendoPosted 3/22/2009 9:40:21 AM
Aside from that, it's blown way out of proportion. It's really just a way of connecting the characters to Edea and making them question why she would be acting in such a way.

Listen to the man.
---
Everyone's tried Arbok at least once... it's only natural to experiment.
~pikpikcarrotmon~ FC: 4125 0532 2933