This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Winhill vase quest bug found!

#1CitymarketPosted 7/30/2009 6:30:51 AM
There have been a couple of topics on this, which were both closed before the problem was solved. Here's starting post from the second one:

"another topic by the same nature was closed before the issue was resolved, I'm assuming he figured out what he'd done wrong.

For those with similar problems, a quick read of Split Infinity's guide gives us the solution.

[Winhill - Mansion]

- Talk to the guy on the stairs to find out he's missing a vase. Note that
Quisty must be in your party. On this screen on left side approach a suit of
armor and examine it - assuming Quisty is in your party, walk away from it
afterwards and then collect the green feather to obtain VASE PIECE. Give all
pieces to the man to obtain HOLY STONE. Back to world map.

problem solved."

That, infact, does not work if you have managed to bug the quest (like I have.) What some people are doing wrong is, that after the chocobo has jumped out of the armor and dropped the piece, they do not pick it up but instead walk out and collect other pieces. When you then return, the armor has been reassembled by the mayor's wife, and the vase piece is nowhere to be seen. So, if you do not pick up the piece before the armor is reassembled, you simply can't do this quest. You will never get the last piece. The only solution is to reload an old save. Hope this helps all the other googlers looking for a solution.
#2Falling DownPosted 7/30/2009 9:56:54 AM
If you see an item on the ground why leave the area and not collect it?
---
DOOD!!! ~Prinnies
#3sniperfox29Posted 7/30/2009 10:06:41 AM
Or alternatively you only have one chance to get that piece, else its gone for good. Not a bug, but a time related event.
---
Just because you claim to be honourable doesn't mean you are.
GT - Sniper Fox29.
#4Citymarket(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2009 1:26:05 AM
sniperfox29 posted...
Or alternatively you only have one chance to get that piece, else its gone for good. Not a bug, but a time related event.
---
Just because you claim to be honourable doesn't mean you are.
GT - Sniper Fox29.

Well perhaps not a bug, but a design flaw for sure. The game doesn't react in any way to the quest "failing", and the mayor just keeps asking for the last piece even though you can no longer get it.
#5hero_hunterPosted 7/31/2009 3:46:50 AM
i haven't run through that part in a while, have you tried talking to the chocobo again?
---
thetrueoskar: Bratswurst? >_>
#6proadamPosted 7/31/2009 9:22:02 PM
Hmm I guess it's simply a "missable" item. One-time chance to do it. Not really a bug imo. I mean, take this into consideration. Say, you were playing almost any other final fantasy, where there is a limited number of elixirs in the game, right? Say you needed 10 of them to continue a side-quest by giving them to an NPC, but you are near the end of the game and missed most of the elixirs that you had to steal etc, and only collected 5 over the course of the game. Now, I don't think that NPC would stop saying that he needed 10 elixirs for a certain reason, he would simply have that dialogue, you would just not be able to satisfy it.

My point is that this is the same case regarding the vase piece. You say it is a bug, because the mansion owner does not declare that you failed the quest, he keeps saying he needs the last piece. Get my drift?
---
Complete Files Finished: FFVI / FFVII
Currently Playing: FFVIII
#7AbsoluteStevePosted 8/1/2009 6:25:04 AM
For informational purposes, Split's guide only states Quistis as a possible party member, but you can also bring Irvine to grab that piece.

---
Board account of Absolute Steve.