This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Where can I get Star Fragments?

#1OmegaNAXPosted 8/12/2009 4:47:59 PM
Besides Moddin' Iron Giants. Like who drops them and where can I fight 'em? It would be nice if I could get my hands on some Adamantine (or however you spell it) too.
---
Keith Jardine > you
#2Vir27Posted 8/12/2009 4:53:23 PM
Where in the game are you?
#3OmegaNAX(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2009 5:29:38 PM
Disc 3, almost on Lunatic Pandora.
---
Keith Jardine > you
#4phiefer3Posted 8/12/2009 5:57:48 PM
Run around the plains around Esthar, or inside of Tear's Point and find Iron Giants, mug them for star fragments.

Or you can find them as fixed encounters on one of the floors of the deepsea deposit.

Or 3 Iron Giant cards = 1 star fragment.
---
Since Phiefer is the only person here who fully understands the intricate complexities of Chocobo Breeding, I nominate him as unoffical 'guru.' ~diamond weapon
#5InnerSolacePosted 8/12/2009 7:46:29 PM
Use Card Mod and refine Iron Giant cards into Star Fragments. Three Iron Giant cards refine into one Star Fragment. Headmaster Cid and Trepie Groupie #1 use those. I do not remember if any others do, but those ones do for sure, quite often.

---
It is only with courage that we overcome our worst of fears, and that we vanquish and move on from any lingering emotion from past lives.
#6InnerSolacePosted 8/12/2009 8:19:44 PM
Sorry, computer is really malfunctioning on my end. I did not notice you said you were not able to do the card game with those NPCs I listed.

---
It is only with courage that we overcome our worst of fears, and that we vanquish and move on from any lingering emotion from past lives.
#7Jiyuu FalconPosted 8/12/2009 8:25:19 PM
^Where did he say that?

So... I take it that TC is after Strange Vision? Adamantoise will drop Adamantine at high levels. Search the beaches (and islands) near Dollet.
#8phiefer3Posted 8/13/2009 8:45:32 AM
Yeah, where did the TC say he can't play those NPCs? He's just before the LP which means he can still go to FH to get on the Garden to play Trepe Groupie #1, and he can go to the orphanage to play Cid.
---
Since Phiefer is the only person here who fully understands the intricate complexities of Chocobo Breeding, I nominate him as unoffical 'guru.' ~diamond weapon