This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to get Diff. trading rule b4 Dollet mission?

#1tonerhorsePosted 11/3/2009 6:26:01 PM
What is the most efficient way of building Card collection b4 1st mission??
Mainly for 1st disc Lionheart and to card mod HEAPS AND TONS of cards into items.
Is there a way to permanently or predominantly get Diff. and/or All trading rule??
Do different players typically stick to Diff or All more than others??

Thanks in advance

The impatient one:)
#2KycootheGBusterPosted 11/3/2009 7:59:22 PM
Once you finish the Fire Cavern, go to Balamb and play the Queen of Cards (the lady right outside the train station), and use your Ifrit Card to beat her. Make sure she uses the Diff Rule. When she does, it'll spread to Garden. You can play a bunch of kids there for rare cards.

---
Final Fantasies I've beaten: III, IV, V, VI, VII, X
Final Fantasies I have yet to beat: I, II, VIII, IX, X-2, XI, XII
#3tonerhorse(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2009 8:56:21 PM
thanks, done that but changes back to 'one',

lol, I'm desparate!
#4ArchiteuthisPosted 11/4/2009 3:32:38 AM
The card trade rule will always "degenerate" eventually. The natural course is All -> Direct -> Diff -> One. When it goes back to One, just play the QoC again and get the Diff rule to stick again. It's the best you can do. Also, there is really no reason to stock up on tons of cards before the Dollet mission. Your best bet is to go the Seifer route in Dollet, building up your GFs, etc., and then when you return, collecting cards. You'll be a powerhouse after that.
#5ThalyrPosted 11/4/2009 9:28:37 AM
Actually I find the best way to beat X-Atm, whether to kill it or harvest it for AP, is to play cards, 10 Blitz for Thunderaga for ELEM-ATK-J and 10 Abyss Worm for Tornado for STR-J on two characters. That and the appropriate abilities, which I normally get before leaving for Dollet by the beach. Its also convenient to get Punishment though cards before Dollet.

So no you don't need to play cards before Dollet, but it does have its uses.
---
Man's reach exceeds his imagination!-The Great Danton
#6phiefer3Posted 11/4/2009 12:39:13 PM
Make sure that the last time you play the Queen she's using the Diff rule, and that you do not send her to another region. You no longer have to worry about degeneration because every time you play there's a good chance that the Queen's Diff rule will just respread to Balamb.

You only play the Queen when you A) want to move her, or B) want to change her trade rule. NEVER play her when you're trying to change the region's trade rule. Change her rule first, then play OTHER people in the region to change it. Playing her will just change her rule which will make it harder to change the region's rule.

---
http://pics.fort90.com/journal/pokemans.jpg
http://www.geekologie.com/2008/08/25/ninja.jpg
#7phiefer3Posted 11/4/2009 12:41:06 PM

Actually I find the best way to beat X-Atm, whether to kill it or harvest it for AP, is to play cards, 10 Blitz for Thunderaga for ELEM-ATK-J and 10 Abyss Worm for Tornado for STR-J on two characters. That and the appropriate abilities, which I normally get before leaving for Dollet by the beach. Its also convenient to get Punishment though cards before Dollet.

So no you don't need to play cards before Dollet, but it does have its uses.

This is debatable, since you're right about to get Diablos, who has a lot of useful abilities you'll want to learn, and even if you didn't farm AP for the others before getting him, they'll learn all their good ones before Diablos learns his good ones. So if you're going to farm AP for Diablos then any farming you did for the others is a waste of time.

---
http://pics.fort90.com/journal/pokemans.jpg
http://www.geekologie.com/2008/08/25/ninja.jpg
#8beckhambenderPosted 11/4/2009 1:56:26 PM
phiefer3 posted...
This is debatable, since you're right about to get Diablos, who has a lot of useful abilities you'll want to learn, and even if you didn't farm AP for the others before getting him, they'll learn all their good ones before Diablos learns his good ones. So if you're going to farm AP for Diablos then any farming you did for the others is a waste of time.

I agree with this.

Diablos is an incredibly useful GF as he sports Mug, Enc-None (which requires Enc-Half before that), Time Magic RF and Status Magic RF.

With all that AP needing to be farmed, I typically don't spend a huge amount of time in Dollet. Just enough to learn Card and get my initial GFs to level 10 (so Ifrit can be eligible to learn Ammo RF)

Even that can be disputed as an arguable waste of time.
#9tonerhorse(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2009 4:04:42 PM
In that case, I must be the worst person for Time Management skills:)

I actually spent about 4-5 hours on the beach farming for AP, I did start off only wanting to get Card/Card Mod, but Shiva was only 10 AP away from learning I-Mag RF,
I must apologise for my lack of consideration for peoples thoughts on the matter:)

Lol, now I wish i had waited for Diablos,

Thanks for the info, I especially found helpful Phia-somethings posts

Oh i'm up to 7 Elnoyles 4 Lionheart,got Mighty guard etc
#10ThalyrPosted 11/4/2009 4:22:58 PM
All I said for an easy time killing or harvesting AP from X-Atm you need to play cards and farm some AP to learn a few abilities. I didn't say either was time effective or necessary, but you can do it and its a reason to spread DIFF before going to Dollet.
---
Man's reach exceeds his imagination!-The Great Danton