This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question About Double and Esuna

#1ArchiteuthisPosted 11/4/2009 3:42:06 AM
Early in the game (basically before all three characters in the party have a Mag-J), I don't like drawing magic cause there's always that odd man out. For spells that come from basic enemies, I don't mind, as I can just fight them again. However, for bosses, this is not an option.

The two that come to mind are Double and Esuna, both from bosses during the Dollet mission. Because I do the Seifer power-up trick and also because I quickly get Diablos' Mag-J skill, after that, it's no big deal. However, I really do not enjoy drawing Double and Esuna, as it takes forever to get 100 with that one character. As a result, what is the next fastest way to get those two spells? Thanks.
#2Supernova 163Posted 11/4/2009 4:08:48 AM
You can draw both Esunas and Doubles from Gerogero, shouldn't take long to get the last 100 from it, especially if you evenly distribute the 200 of each you already have (or less evenly if you haven't gotten Diablos' Mag-J yet).
#3beckhambenderPosted 11/4/2009 6:11:57 AM
why draw them? double, in particular, is very easily refined from diablos time-magic rf
#4Supernova 163Posted 11/4/2009 6:44:28 AM
Because Dragon Fins are not easily obtainable, apart from cards, before fighting Elvoret or Gerogero. I'd think drawing them works out to be faster than playing cards for them too.
#5Architeuthis(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2009 7:01:00 AM
Sounds like Gerogero is my man. I didn't know he had both. Thanks a lot. With the Seifer-Dollet thing, I already have nice spells, so Double and Esuna aren't essential right away, which is why I don't want to waste my time trying to draw 300 from Biggs and Elvoret. Thanks.
#6beckhambenderPosted 11/4/2009 8:31:47 AM
Supernova_163 posted...
Because Dragon Fins are not easily obtainable, apart from cards, before fighting Elvoret or Gerogero. I'd think drawing them works out to be faster than playing cards for them too.

Finding Elvoret might present a mild challenge (although I still stand by the assertation he's easily defeated even without junctions) but you'll definitely have plenty of access to cards before fighting Gerogero.

The Quistis card alone gives you 180 Triples so there's really no reason to spend prolonged time trying to draw Double (and then failing most of the time)

If absolutely necessary, I draw 200 from Elvoret. Selphie does start with a higher Magic level than the other characters so I use the one Mag-J on her and let her draw away. I usually let Zell draw as well although it takes a lot longer and use Squall as the healer (Elvoret conveniently holds Cure). After 200, I've had more than enough.
#7phiefer3Posted 11/4/2009 12:46:44 PM

So what? Double is NOT a good magic for junctioning, even at the start of the game, Death is available as soon as you get back to Balamb and is a better choice and faster to get. If you really want Double, just wait until either the Gerogero fight or until you can farm Grendels with 100% encounter rates.

And Esuna is only really useful for curing statuses if you need to, so having 3 full stocks isn't all that imperative.

---
http://pics.fort90.com/journal/pokemans.jpg
http://www.geekologie.com/2008/08/25/ninja.jpg
#8beckhambenderPosted 11/4/2009 1:53:10 PM
I personally dislike drawing from Gerogero anyway because he casts annoying status spells which will interfere with how efficiently you can draw Double. Again, if you're looking to pick up Double quickly, refine it. And like Pheifer said, it's not great for junctioning. Even early in the game. Double is a spell I pick up (and not a full stock, just some here and there) for casting purposes. I save Triple for junctioning
#9Lloyd255Posted 11/4/2009 2:21:58 PM
Gerogero's status effects really shouldn't be an issue. Since all three of your guys are drawing, this means you have Esuna readily available at all times. Gerogero has no way of disabling your entire party in one turn, AND is extremely slow to boot.

At worst, he interrupts your flow of drawing with all three characters at once. It just means all three characters won't finish drawing everything at the same time.
---
What a waste of space.
#10beckhambenderPosted 11/4/2009 3:24:47 PM

Lloyd255 posted...
Gerogero's status effects really shouldn't be an issue. Since all three of your guys are drawing, this means you have Esuna readily available at all times. Gerogero has no way of disabling your entire party in one turn, AND is extremely slow to boot.

At worst, he interrupts your flow of drawing with all three characters at once. It just means all three characters won't finish drawing everything at the same time.
---
What a waste of space.

True but I'd rather just dispose of him and refine my Doubles. Which again, I maintain you don't need 300 of.