This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fujin/Raijin fight

#1tveye363Posted 12/24/2009 2:07:34 PM
I'm at the fight against Fujin and Raijin and I cannot beat them! Raijin always uses his special and it does over 1000 damage (more than my characters HP so it's a 1-hit KO). I'd like to train, but I can't leave Balamb. I am so frustrated! Is there any way I can train in Balamb or am I just doomed?

By the way, I try casting protects but Raijin continues to kill my team.
#2coydog_30Posted 12/24/2009 2:13:07 PM
Have you checked your junctions lately and I seem to remember a way of getting outside Balamb.(It's been ages since I played this part of the game)
---
"Man, I don't want no sausage fest!"~Junpei Iori~P3
#3pure mind gamesPosted 12/24/2009 2:16:43 PM
yeah check ya junctions also Draw>Protect>Cast from Raijin aswell to chop the damage in half
---
PSN: Pure_Mind_Games
Live: Only1PMG
#4tveye363(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2009 2:17:00 PM
My junctions are as good as I can get them. And, the soldier won't let me leave Balamb. I need to get some more AP from some random battles, but...get get out of Balamb...
#5XxfionaxhewiexXPosted 12/24/2009 2:26:30 PM
There is a little boy in one of the houses or somewhere on the streets. He'll help distract the soldier nd you'll have to get your timin' just rihgt nd then you'll get out of Balamb.

=^-^=
---
I'm trying to help out a friend here, so please check this site out nd possibly join. www.ourwebshow26.wetpaint.com
#6tveye363(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2009 2:32:18 PM
Oh! Thank you! I'll try it.
#7coydog_30Posted 12/24/2009 2:34:16 PM
If 1000 damage is enough to KO any of your characters at this point in the game then you must have leveled quite high yet didn't get enough high level spells to account for your enemies increased levels. What are your levels and junctions for a start. I just started on disk 2 with an average level of 11 and HP of roughly 3000 in my current run. I do have some good spells like Full-Life, Tornado, Curaga, Meltdown, Triple, and others at my disposal. With the Card Mod ability and some luck at cards it shouldn't take long to amass a magic library like this.
---
"Man, I don't want no sausage fest!"~Junpei Iori~P3
#8XxfionaxhewiexXPosted 12/24/2009 3:00:05 PM
"Oh! Thank you! I'll try it."

No problem. To be honest, I'm kinda surprised that I remembered that considering my sister has the game w/ her, I'm on Disk 3, nd I haven't played it in rougly 6-8 months.
---
I'm trying to help out a friend here, so please check this site out nd possibly join. www.ourwebshow26.wetpaint.com
#9VeghEstherPosted 12/24/2009 4:59:36 PM
Bad Breath/blind/sleep can effect both at once.
#10beckhambenderPosted 12/24/2009 8:26:37 PM

tveye363 posted...
I'm at the fight against Fujin and Raijin and I cannot beat them! Raijin always uses his special and it does over 1000 damage (more than my characters HP so it's a 1-hit KO). I'd like to train, but I can't leave Balamb. I am so frustrated! Is there any way I can train in Balamb or am I just doomed?

By the way, I try casting protects but Raijin continues to kill my team.

Hmm, sounds like your junctions are poor. It can be a tricky battle without good junctions. Try to escape as outline above and draw better magic. If absolutely stuck, Bad Breath works wonders to cripple both of them and you can pummel them with Magic/GF to hopefully not awake them from their Sleep. I would not waste the time to draw and cast protect. Bad Breath them and then either limit them to death or use Magic/GFs to do it. Either way, I'd recommend some good drawing/refining of spells before moving on after that.