This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Laguna and Old Keys (Slight Spoilers)

#1ArchiteuthisPosted 12/31/2009 7:40:03 AM
I have always wondered: What effect does Laguna finding and dropping the keys have on the Lunatic Pandora when you're on it later in the game? Thanks.
#2pure mind gamesPosted 12/31/2009 7:45:51 AM
opens up a couple of draw points (IIRC)
---
PSN: Pure_Mind_Games
Live: Only1PMG
#3phiefer3Posted 1/1/2010 7:10:34 AM
The first old key (when you take the right fork from the start) unlocks an ultima drawpoint in that area on the LP. The other old key makes it so that a door on the LP is open that you can find a LuvluvG in (the door doesn't lead anywhere you just walk in where you can't see yourself and hit x until you find the item).

The detonator puzzle, if blown in the right order puts the 2 boulders in places where they act as bridges in the LP (without them there'd be gaps at certain points forcing you to backtrack and take other routes to reach certain places....I don't think anything is completely cut off though). And if combined with tampering with ALL of the trap doors they'll all be open on the LP. IIRC the middle (easy one) has a draw point, and the other 2 have a power generator and a phoenix pinion.

The other boulder that laguna can move when he touches it reveals a draw point on the LP (IIRC for laguna it reveals a cure draw point, but on the LP it's a holy draw point).

---
http://www.geekologie.com/2008/08/25/ninja.jpg
Everytime you see him, the phiefer's just so hype. He's dope on the board and he's magic on the mic. ~fidormula
#4Architeuthis(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2010 8:40:27 AM
Very detailed. Thank you. And from what I recall, that all seems to make sense. In that case though (since I'm not a perfectionist) simply opening the one hatch to the Power Generator seems like more than enough.

Anyway, thank you very much.
#5VilurumPosted 1/1/2010 9:45:11 AM
Phiefer, you're getting sloppy with your details:

- The Old Key "further right" opens the LuvLuv G door. The Old Key "further left" opens the Ultima DP door. (Same rewards, just a matter of which goes with which.)

- The final boulder nets you a Spd-J Scroll in LP, not a draw point.

- One of the two boulder-created paths from the detonator *is* necessary to get to that area. Without making that path correctly, you can't get to the area with the three wall (prev. floor) plates (and by extension their rewards), nor can you get to the next room with Combat King 005 and the aforementioned Old Key-unlocked Ultima DP.
---
- Vilurum Xaren, leader of the happy turtles, and knowitall.
... And if you can't spell "Vilurum", call me "Vil". :)
#6phiefer3Posted 1/1/2010 5:15:43 PM

Phiefer, you're getting sloppy with your details:

- The Old Key "further right" opens the LuvLuv G door. The Old Key "further left" opens the Ultima DP door. (Same rewards, just a matter of which goes with which.)

- The final boulder nets you a Spd-J Scroll in LP, not a draw point.

- One of the two boulder-created paths from the detonator *is* necessary to get to that area. Without making that path correctly, you can't get to the area with the three wall (prev. floor) plates (and by extension their rewards), nor can you get to the next room with Combat King 005 and the aforementioned Old Key-unlocked Ultima DP.

I blame all mistakes on the fact that it was 9 in the morning (for me) and I hadn't had any sleep yet. the whole left/right thing was just an honest mistake, at the time I wrote it I knew the first one was the leftmost one, but I wrote right for some reason. The other ones were just me not being 100% positive on the details. And I know there's a holy drawpoint somewhere around where that last boulder was...

---
http://www.geekologie.com/2008/08/25/ninja.jpg
Everytime you see him, the phiefer's just so hype. He's dope on the board and he's magic on the mic. ~fidormula
#7VilurumPosted 1/2/2010 7:22:14 AM
Hmm... ya know, there may be a DP too. I'm sloppy with my details too. :)
---
- Vilurum Xaren, leader of the happy turtles, and knowitall.
... And if you can't spell "Vilurum", call me "Vil". :)