This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Chicobo Card

#1shadow0x0cloudPosted 8/4/2010 1:07:20 PM
can you get this in this version of the game?
#2RakesusPosted 8/4/2010 1:16:46 PM
Yes, yes you can.

Complete the main Chocobo Forests on Centra and Trabia (3 in each, IIRC). Take a chocobo from the forest nearest Trabia Garden and work your way east until you you're able to get on north-eastern peninsula of the Eastern Continent that's completely covered in forest. The Chocobo Sanctuary is located in the the north end of this forest.

Once you enter, "talk" to the Chocobos, watch their dance, and then try to "talk" to the little Chicobo that's left. You'll receive the Chicobo Card.
---
Back from the dead.... or maybe just Tokyo.
#3magicpotPosted 8/4/2010 1:18:14 PM
Or if you don't feel like doing that sidequest, you can win it off the CC group in disc 4.
---
GIMME ELIXIR!!!
#4shadow0x0cloud(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2010 1:31:02 PM
oh, okay, thought i needed that jpn only thing
#5VilurumPosted 8/4/2010 2:02:09 PM
Not for the card, no.

You need the JP-only and long since discontinued PocketStation - or a cheat device - to power up the actual Chicobo attack (use Gysahl Greens in battle) or to obtain the items Friendship, Mog's Amulet, Ribbon, and Chocobo's Tag.

But as far as the card and the general chocobo forest sidequest is concerned, you don't need a PocketStation.
---
- Vilurum Xaren, leader of the happy turtles, and knowitall.
... And if you can't spell "Vilurum", call me "Vil". :)
#6Ephemeral_BeingPosted 8/4/2010 2:26:09 PM
I'm working on getting it right now, but I'm stuck in the Forest of Solitude.

That stupid one spot is determined to make me fail this task. For the first time in this game, I have trouble completing a quest.

What's the trick? Because the picture isn't helping.
---
Currently Playing NCU. Chocobo Farming!
#7Ephemeral_BeingPosted 8/4/2010 2:31:23 PM
Got it. Never mind. Just needed to keep trying.
---
Currently Playing NCU. Chocobo Farming!
#8shadow0x0cloud(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2010 3:01:54 PM
1 more question, what are some good people in balamb to get abyss worms, armadodos, Mesmerize, gayla, and tri-face cards? Ivs been using the gatekeeper guy so far