This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Elem Guard

#1lighty691Posted 10/10/2010 6:17:03 AM
Im trying to get an Elem Guard as only 2 out of 3 of my characters have 4 slots for this. Is there an easy way to refine one of these as the only way i can see to do it is through collecting Silver Mails from Snow Lions and refining them. However i worked out i would probably need about 125 of these to have enough to create Gold Armours, Diamond Armours etc. And given the fact that Snow Lions only drop these on rare occasions this is going to be rather time consuming. Any help??

Thanks
---
Hated, adored, never ignored.
#2sniperfox29Posted 10/10/2010 6:49:46 AM
Card Mod Selphie's card.
---
God's Last Gift To You.
GT - Sniper Fox29.
#3ChaosArbiterPosted 10/10/2010 7:35:19 AM
Im trying to get an Elem Guard as only 2 out of 3 of my characters have 4 slots for this.

Probably obvious, but those are the ones with Alexander and Doomtrain, right?
---
If everything seems to be going well, you obviously have no idea what the hell is going on.
Hinamizawa: Where killing your friends is always the answer.
#4lighty691(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2010 7:55:04 AM
Yeah the two i have are the ones already obtained through the GF's. Im guessing other than the card (which i havent got) Snow lion is the only option?
---
Hated, adored, never ignored.
#5sniperfox29Posted 10/10/2010 8:16:52 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Silver Mails teach GF+20, Gold Armours teach GF+30, Diamond Armours teach GF+40.

Exactly where does Elem Guard come into this?
---
God's Last Gift To You.
GT - Sniper Fox29.
#6VilurumPosted 10/10/2010 9:29:21 AM
125 Silver Mail = 25 Gold Armor = 5 Diamond Armor = 1 Elem Guard, all via Eden's GF Abl Med-RF.

Of course, seeing as you can get Selphie's card a whole disc sooner than you can get Eden (let alone how long it takes to get the card compared to getting a hundred frickin' twenty-five rare drops of Silver Mail), going with Selphie's card is a vastly smarter option.

Alternatively, if you really really hate the card game that much (though bear in mind that rare cards *are* far and away your fastest source for a number of items), wait until disc 4. One of the subbosses in the final castle - Krysta - has a guaranteed drop of an Elem Guard.

Still alternatively, just say screw it. Elemental defense is not exactly a huge concern, except when fighting Tri-Point and Tiamat. Vit and Spr junctions will do far more for your survivability. And even without any of those options you still get Elem-Def-x4 on two characters and Elem-Def-x2 on the third, so it's not like the third is totally dead in the water.
---
- Vilurum Xaren, leader of the happy turtles, and knowitall.
... And if you can't spell "Vilurum", call me "Vil". :)
#7sniperfox29Posted 10/10/2010 9:32:22 AM
Ah I see, I've got to stop relying on that silly magic/items guide, its misses such a lot of important data (as in this case).
---
God's Last Gift To You.
GT - Sniper Fox29.
#8ChaosArbiterPosted 10/10/2010 9:59:12 AM
And isn't one of the rewards for the Shume Village sidequest an Elem Guard (assuming you can still enter it)?
---
If everything seems to be going well, you obviously have no idea what the hell is going on.
Hinamizawa: Where killing your friends is always the answer.
#9sniperfox29Posted 10/10/2010 10:01:31 AM
Status Guard I believe.
---
God's Last Gift To You.
GT - Sniper Fox29.
#10VilurumPosted 10/10/2010 11:20:51 AM
Shumi Village coughs up a Status Guard, and so does Tiamat. Throw in Cerberus and Doomtrain (and the fact that the Status Guard from Shumi is available earlier than either of them), and the card option for Status Guards - the Doomtrain card - is *not* an appreciable source since it comes so late in the game in comparison.
---
- Vilurum Xaren, leader of the happy turtles, and knowitall.
... And if you can't spell "Vilurum", call me "Vil". :)