This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I've read about faqs about abolishing random rule but I still cant do it..

#1dsgbaPosted 12/23/2010 11:14:56 AM

So in dollet my rules are elemental, same, open, and random. And to abolish random I have to mix rules so I spread the open rule which abolished same (I'm guessing because when I went play with the girl the same rule wasn't there but it didnt say "same was abolished") Then I went to some city and got the same rule carried with me and I went back to Dollet but the same rule was still there... So how do I ultimately abolish random with the rules as: element, open, same, and random.

#2_Red___XIII_Posted 12/23/2010 1:09:51 PM
A mixed game is played with all playing rules (one trade rule only of course) between the two regions. So for Same to be showing up in the mixed game, it could be either in the trading rules you're carrying, or the one of the region you're playing in, or both. The only condition required for you to be able to abolish a rule in a region's rules is that you play a mixed game in that region. So if what your doing is leading to a mixed game, then just keep at it. Otherwise Sudden Death from Fisherman's Horizon will allow you to play a mixed game in Dollet.
---
A man chooses. A slave obeys.
#3dsgba(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2010 2:46:53 PM

I did the same thing except I went to winhill (the first location on disk 2) and Icarried the rule plus/same. So I went back to Dollet and they asked me to play with centra's rule and and I said yes then no. And every time I do it, it says "plus has been spreaded throught the region" or whatever. And this always happens. Iv done this 30 times + and yet random has not been abolished...

#4Mr HangmanPosted 12/23/2010 3:31:58 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5Mr HangmanPosted 12/23/2010 3:45:47 PM
If you want to do some RNG manipulation you can fix all these rules in one try per rule. This should work assuming Balamb has Open and nothing else:

If the QoC IS in Dollet:

-Go into Balamb Garden and make yourself carry Balamb's rules by challenging someone and refusing to mix rules. Once they stop asking to mix rules, go to Dollet.
-Save in the hotel.
-Turn off the console, turn it back on and reload your save.
-Walk outside the hotel to the fountain area, then immediately walk back in.
-Challenge the girl in the hotel twice, but decline both times.
-Challenge her a third time and accept. Once the game starts, quit.

This will spread Open if you haven't done that yet, or if you have, Random will be Abolished. If Open spreads just repeat those steps. Now to get rid of Elemental:

-First beat the Card Guru in the pub. Should be easy enough with Open and no Random.
-Go back into Balamb Garden and carry their rules again.
-Return to Dollet and save in the pub. You need Move-find.
-Turn the console off and back on.
-Examine the magazine stack in the Card Guru's room twice.
-Challenge the guy to a game, accept, and quit.

Now Elemental should be abolished.

If the QoC is NOT in Dollet

-Go into Balamb Garden and make yourself carry Balamb's rules by challenging someone and refusing to mix rules. Once they stop asking to mix rules, go to Dollet.
-Save in the hotel.
-Turn off the console, turn it back on and reload your save.
-DON'T leave the hotel.
-Challenge the girl in the hotel four times, but decline each time.
-Challenge her a fifth time and accept. Once the game starts, quit.

This will spread Open if you haven't done that yet, or if you have, Random will be Abolished. If Open spreads just repeat those steps. Now to get rid of Elemental:

-First beat the Card Guru in the pub. Should be easy enough with Open and no Random.
-Go back into Balamb Garden and carry their rules again.
-Return to Dollet and save in the pub. You need Move-find.
-Turn the console off and back on.
-Examine the magazine stack in the Card Guru's room three times.
-Challenge the guy to a game, accept, and quit.

And that will abolish Elemental.

If you need to fix any other regions or if Balamb's rules are messed up then tell me and I'll try to figure it out.
---
What senses do we lack that we cannot see and cannot hear another world all around us? -Dune
#6Mr HangmanPosted 12/23/2010 3:50:31 PM
Oh and I forgot you need to get rid of Same too. To do that:

1. Go to Balamb and carry their rules.
2. Save in the Pub in Dollet.
3. Examine the magazine stack exactly 28 times, or if the Queen of Cards is in Dollet, examine it 27 times.
4. Challenge the pub owner, accept, then quit the card game when it starts.

And Same should be abolished.
---
What senses do we lack that we cannot see and cannot hear another world all around us? -Dune
#7dsgba(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2010 4:30:16 PM

Ok thank you very much. I'll try that.

#8dsgba(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2010 4:46:08 PM

This may be a dumb question but where is the magazine stack?

#9dsgba(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2010 5:00:34 PM

oh ok I found the magazine stack.

#10dsgba(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2010 5:19:46 PM

When trying to abolish same, open was abolished instead. This is my layout. Balamb:open, same Dollet: Element,same,random,and open.