This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do I abolish Random from Trabia?

#1Tim_Duncan4321Posted 10/24/2011 12:16:48 PM
I'm on disk 2, and I just used that rng save/hard reset/decline 8 times with the guy in shumi village, and I got rid of plus that way. What do I do now to get rid of Random?
#2FallaciaPosted 10/24/2011 2:18:24 PM
It's the same thing. You just need to be carrying a rule Trabia doesn't have, agree to mix with someone in Trabia, cancel out of the rule screen, hope the right rule gets abolished, reload to try again if the wrong thing is abolished or another rule is spread.

Just note that it's not a good idea to try and use Open to abolish anything. If Open can spread, it almost always will. That makes it very difficult to remove rules if Open can spread, so it may be a good idea to allow Open to spread first, then try to remove other rules. For example, if Trabia doesn't have Sudden Death but Fisherman's Horizon does, you could do this:

Challenge someone in Fisherman's Horizon. *Don't* mix rules and keep saying no until they ask to play regularly. You are now carrying FH's rules, so decline, go to the world map outside of Trabia Garden and save. Enter Trabia Garden and challenge someone, *agree* to mix, cancel out of the rule screen, check results.

Either Sudden Death is spread, Random is abolished, or there's no change. Reload and try again if you don't get the results you like.
---
Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur
Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr
#3FallaciaPosted 10/24/2011 2:19:32 PM
Do note that I only posted one example. Any rule that Trabia doesn't have will work, so you don't have to use FH. You could actually remove Random as early as the first Disc against the exchange student in Galbadia Garden. It's just a matter of using one rule to remove another.
---
Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur
Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr
#4VilurumPosted 10/24/2011 3:18:30 PM
Tim_Duncan4321 posted...
I'm on disk 2, and I just used that rng save/hard reset/decline 8 times with the guy in shumi village, and I got rid of plus that way. What do I do now to get rid of Random?

Assuming by your wording that you're referring to RNG manipulation:

- Carry a set of rules such that "Open spreads" and "Same Wall spreads" are not valid possibilities. (It's fine to pre-spread Open and then carry a set of rules including Open, since Open can't spread if it's already there.)

- Save in the same place you used before.

- Hard reset.

- Challenge/no 4 times with the card player you used before.

- Challenge/yes/quit.

If you were able to abolish Plus by a similar method (difference being 8 challenge/no, and the rules not allowed to spread are Same and Same Wall), then the above process should abolish Random.
---
- Vilurum Xaren, leader of the happy turtles, and knowitall.
... And if you can't spell "Vilurum", call me "Vil". :)
#5Tim_Duncan4321(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2011 3:36:55 PM
You could actually remove Random as early as the first Disc against the exchange student in Galbadia Garden. It's just a matter of using one rule to remove another.

Yeah, I read about this but after about 30 tries I gave up on that method, which is why I wanna use this guaranteed method now.

Assuming by your wording that you're referring to RNG manipulation:

- Carry a set of rules such that "Open spreads" and "Same Wall spreads" are not valid possibilities. (It's fine to pre-spread Open and then carry a set of rules including Open, since Open can't spread if it's already there.)

- Save in the same place you used before.

- Hard reset.

- Challenge/no 4 times with the card player you used before.

- Challenge/yes/quit.

If you were able to abolish Plus by a similar method (difference being 8 challenge/no, and the rules not allowed to spread are Same and Same Wall), then the above process should abolish Random.

Thanks, this worked perfectly. I was challenging him 8 times instead of 4(and also was using dollet rules instead of FH, I don't know if that makes any difference).
#6VilurumPosted 10/24/2011 7:41:24 PM
8 challenges is guaranteed to get rid of *Plus* assuming you meet the criteria, but won't help for Random.
---
- Vilurum Xaren, leader of the happy turtles, and knowitall.
... And if you can't spell "Vilurum", call me "Vil". :)