This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

odin?

#1yunalesca87Posted 5/4/2012 5:32:49 PM
odin disc 4 ... guide says to do it ... is it really that big of a deal when he slashes a few enemies? its not like enemies are rare?
discuss
#2Ranger_BatouPosted 5/4/2012 5:36:42 PM
yea odin has a chance to slash eneimes b4 you can run... a bad thing for no lvl runs but gilgamesh does different attacks plus odins.... also bad for no lvl runs however if your doing angelo searches gilgamesh can stuff it up as he use the same timer/program as angelo search(if i remember correctly)
#3VeghEstherPosted 5/4/2012 5:36:59 PM
I personally fought Odin on disc 2 its just that Odin is way better then Gilgamesh and if you want to keep Odin then Odin must be fought on disc 4.

Either way I just abused the crap out of Degenerator when Odin doesn't show up.
#4Blitz4532Posted 5/4/2012 5:38:51 PM
Yeah, it sucks what happens to Odin. I never understood how he made it rain in that base though...
---
I am the Stig
http://home.comcast.net/~nba-clan/stig%20meme.jpg
#5Ranger_BatouPosted 5/4/2012 5:45:41 PM
Ranger_Batou posted...
im doing a no lvl run and getting lionheart quickly helps with tonberry alittle... plus i like the blue colour and im a fan of the card. Also im like getting ALL cards and rules set before disc 4... im wierd like that...

yea killing doesn't jell well with me but again i want the card b4 disc 4 see my dilemma.
#6VilurumPosted 5/4/2012 7:48:16 PM
If you insist on getting every card before disc 4, then:

- You must get Odin for Odin's card, even though that means either a. losing him for Gilgamesh or b. having to put up with having either Odin *or* Gilgamesh (rather than *no* uncontrollable nuisances). Either A or B may be undesirable depending on your priorities. Odin's card can of course be obtained from the disc 4 CC group, or from getting Odin on disc 4, depending on your priorities.

- You must kill Ultima Weapon for Eden's card, thereby permanently losing out on the Deep Sea fixed encounters, even though Eden's card can be obtained from the disc 4 CC group and Eden itself can be obtained from Tiamat.

- You must give Girl Next Door to Zone for Shiva's card, rather than getting Shiva's card from the disc 4 CC group and keeping the item too. (Though since the item has no other purpose, this has considerably less practical impact than the above two concerns.)

It's up to you whether the drawbacks to the "get every card before disc 4" goal are a bigger deal to you than the goal itself is. Personally, I never get Odin: if I want something instantly killed, I can do that myself *when and only when I actually want that to happen*. And I leave Ultima Weapon alive because the benefits to killing it are all temporary and the drawbacks to killing it are all permanent. (I don't actually *care* about Girl Next Door or generally having items for the sake of having items even if they're useless, so I usually fork it over to Zone. But I figured I'd mention it for completeness.)
---
- Vilurum Xaren, leader of the happy turtles, and knowitall.
... And if you can't spell "Vilurum", call me "Vil". :)
#71337ozPWNSTEAKPosted 5/4/2012 8:46:19 PM
All of the above is absolutely true. I do not dispute it in any way. As an alternative, though, I don't really like modding a lot of the cards before the end of disc 3, and as such, Odin is my only "real" source for Triples (a smacktastic Str junction) by means of drawspam. Getting Triples from the Quistis and Irvine cards is much quicker and more efficient, but if you don't really care about levels, then there is another way.
---
I was Ignignoc in a former life. Now, I have a PhDerp.
For Great Justice.
#8FeralGrieverPosted 5/5/2012 4:58:24 AM
1337ozPWNSTEAK posted...
All of the above is absolutely true. I do not dispute it in any way. As an alternative, though, I don't really like modding a lot of the cards before the end of disc 3, and as such, Odin is my only "real" source for Triples (a smacktastic Str junction) by means of drawspam. Getting Triples from the Quistis and Irvine cards is much quicker and more efficient, but if you don't really care about levels, then there is another way.

You can also draw Triple from Cerberus, if he is above level 20. Due to the enemy level mechanics if your average party level is 17 there will be a 50% chance of it being at that level. At that point in the game you could already have a full set of bonus abilities, so there would be no problem with leveling up. If you don`t want to get a Rosetta Stone at the prison, then you can always level up a useless character with whatever bonus abilities you have (*looking at Shelphie*) you would just meed to sacrifice a stat.
---
I reject your reality and substitute it for my own