This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PSP Soft Reset?/ Other options for rule manipulation

#1Deaths_BladePosted 5/6/2012 4:30:01 AM
I'm trying to do some card rule manipulation. How do I soft reset on a PSP? If I can't do that, is there another option for manipulating rules?
---
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it - Thomas Paine: The American Crisis IV
#2FeralGrieverPosted 5/6/2012 4:32:47 AM
You can do soft resets on a PSP. Just press the Home button and a menu will appear, the last option should be "reset game"
---
I reject your reality and substitute it for my own
#3Deaths_Blade(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2012 4:36:58 AM
FeralGriever posted...
You can do soft resets on a PSP. Just press the Home button and a menu will appear, the last option should be "reset game"

Does that actually work? I haven't had any success so far using Reset Game.
---
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it - Thomas Paine: The American Crisis IV
#4FeralGrieverPosted 5/6/2012 4:40:21 AM
Worked for me. Are you using a specific guide telling you how to manipulate the rng, or are you just trying to mix rules and resetting if you don`t get what you want?
---
I reject your reality and substitute it for my own
#5Deaths_Blade(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2012 5:09:50 AM(edited)
FeralGriever posted...
Worked for me. Are you using a specific guide telling you how to manipulate the rng, or are you just trying to mix rules and resetting if you don`t get what you want?

Sister's guide. Mixing Timber with Dollet to abolish Random and Elemental. Carrying Dollet guard's rules and repeatedly challenging the car rental girl in Dollet. Thus far I've spread Open, but every time since I get two offers to mix rules and nothing else.

Edit: Nevermind. Finally abolished Random. Don't remember it taking so damn long last time.
---
#6VeghEstherPosted 5/6/2012 9:59:37 AM
You MAY want to keep Elemental Dollet until Removing Plus and Random from Centra else after spreading Open to Centra I could no longer to a mix game their to remove Plus or Random at all.

Then once Centra has Open as its ONLY rule is when you should get rid of Elmental at Dollet.
#7Deaths_Blade(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2012 11:01:26 AM
VeghEsther posted...
You MAY want to keep Elemental Dollet until Removing Plus and Random from Centra else after spreading Open to Centra I could no longer to a mix game their to remove Plus or Random at all.

Then once Centra has Open as its ONLY rule is when you should get rid of Elmental at Dollet.

Yeah, I only remove the annoying rules [Random, Plus etc] and keep elemental and same just to give me some wiggle room when cleaning up the Lunar Station's rules.
---
#8Lord_ZenkiPosted 5/6/2012 11:10:28 AM
If you're asking about using the special reset that happens by pressing L1, L2, R1, R2, Select, and Start all together, you can still do that with a PSP. If you're on the default Type 1 controller configuration, hold the shoulder buttons, move the stick straight up, and press the Select and Start buttons. This also works on the other PSX Final Fantasy games.
#9VilurumPosted 5/6/2012 11:48:48 AM
Lord_Zenki posted...
If you're asking about using the special reset that happens by pressing L1, L2, R1, R2, Select, and Start all together, you can still do that with a PSP. If you're on the default Type 1 controller configuration, hold the shoulder buttons, move the stick straight up, and press the Select and Start buttons. This also works on the other PSX Final Fantasy games.

This. If you use the "reset game" option from the home button, it counts as a console-level (hard) reset, I believe.
---
- Vilurum Xaren, leader of the happy turtles, and knowitall.
... And if you can't spell "Vilurum", call me "Vil". :)
#10CNashPosted 5/6/2012 5:15:49 PM
Yes, the Home menu "reset game" is bascially the same as pressing the Reset button on your PS1. The soft reset is L+R+AnalogUp+Select+Start.

---
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.