This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have not played this game in years...

#1LeonDragonHeartPosted 7/17/2012 9:48:44 PM
Got it for half price off PSN.

I never beaten the game nor did I get off from the start on disk 2 and I quite sucked.

Well what I am trying to say is...

Can you guys give me some general tips and help? I used to love this game but I never gave it the love it actually deserved back then so yeah...

Anything would be appreciated :)
---
PSN: Leon_DragonHeart | GT: LeonDragonHeart
http://i.imgur.com/xJqQi.jpg
#2Demigod_TyekPosted 7/18/2012 3:26:56 AM
1. Depending on if you want to challenge or not: Do not level. Enemies level with you, so essentially the lower level you stay, the easier the game will be.

2. Get used to and play lots of Triple Triad. Not only is it a fun (and addicting) mini-game, but the rewards for it can be very beneficial (even gamebreaking, if that's your style)

3. This seems to be where a lot of people just hate this game: the junction system. Give it a chance.
---
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Tyek
#3Ash_DragonHeartPosted 7/18/2012 11:24:09 AM
(My other account got purgatory for some reason lol)

Anyway I just fought Ifrit and I picked 10 minutes. I had like... 3:47 left on the clock? is that any good?
---
What was that noise?
#4Jiyuu FalconPosted 7/18/2012 12:08:49 PM
Eh, you score 50 on Judgment. Far from ideal, but you can easily raise your SeeD rank later anyway.
#5Ash_DragonHeartPosted 7/18/2012 12:31:58 PM
I'm at the Battle of Dollet is it? any tips for here?
---
What was that noise?
#6VeghEstherPosted 7/18/2012 12:56:12 PM
minor spoilers:-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

If you want to farm the Robot spider during the escape Dollet in 30 minutes sequence for 50 AP each theirs only 2 ways to farm AP off of it.

1 kill everybody that isn't Seifer and power up the first 3 GF's to level 60+ before Seifer is replaced by Sephie to KO the spider with any GF + Summon Magic 10 20 and 30% ALL learned

Or have enough Tornado spells set to Squalls Str (which I only) got enough Abyss Worm cards after the said robot can no longer be fought at all.

Sure the AP you gain will only count for the first 3 GF's + Siren but I'd rather have all of those abitlies of all 4 GF's gained via this spider so that after Diablos is fought that Diabos is the ONLY GF that needs the AP gain after you can't farm the 50 AP anymore.
#7THOMASNATORPosted 7/21/2012 6:05:02 AM
Ignore Vegh, he just spouts.

Junction. Like it's your last hope.

Get 30 tents, L-Mag RF them down to 100 Curagas amongst your party members, then HP-J.

Then kill some T-Rexaurs, Card em, then RF the card then the item and put the magic on your attack.

Proceed to own the discs.

Get triple, and junct that to speed.

If u can be bothered, Lionheart = Dead Tonberries = Dead Tonberry King = Easy Gil Grinding anywhere.
---
To innovate is good, to stand and innovate is better.
GT: THOMA5NATOR
#81337ozPWNSTEAKPosted 7/21/2012 9:15:44 PM
Haven't seen it posted yet, but check EVERY boss' draw list. Some of them have special stuff, some of it unique.

Don't try to kill yourself by doing anything grind-heavy or extreme. If you follow the advice THOMASNATOR just gave, you will do very well until more than halfway through the game, at which time far better options become available quite readily. Just enjoy the game for what it is.
---
Happily living life two inches to the left.
Having problems? You should try to Suck Less; Rock More