This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I can't believe people talk bad about Wakka's blitzball skills...

#1Kedith333Posted 8/30/2011 9:55:16 PM
I always here stuff like "I was doing well, but then Wakka replaces Tidus and it's all over" and such.

Well check this out.

So I'm replaying this game because it's the greatest game of all time and such, and at the tourney, the score is tied 1-1 when Wakka comes in. Ball goes to Goers first, Graav scores easily and there's 30 seconds left. Here I am thinking it's over, but decide to give it a shot because, hey why not?
I get the ball, pass it to my man Wakka. I get it in a decent ways away, break through Balgerda, and make my shot. At the LAST ****ING second, it scores, and we go into overtime.
At this point I'm riding high, and decide to roll on with that energy. As soon as I get the ball, I use Letty to attract a couple defenders, then pass it to Wakka again. By a bad twist of fate, I get stuck with Balgerda AND Doram blocking me. I know I can't make the shot with both of them, so I break through Balgerda again and shoot, hoping for the best. Doram gets her hand on the ball, gets to Raudy at about 7... and it ****ING SCORES. Game over, I win. Wakka's MVP of the freaking universe.

tl;dr Wakka is better at blitzball than you could ever hope to be
---
Archduke of LoZ:SS
Crusaders of Love <3 www.zeldawtwii.proboards.com
#2kabasaPosted 8/30/2011 10:28:25 PM
Wakka is better than Tidus for the first game.
---
Eddie: Ill be back soon covered in Metal God love.
Ozzy: Oh god...
#3Maze_Posted 8/31/2011 3:21:08 AM
Wakka also puts spikes on his balls and throws them 12 times into people's faces.

Tidus can't do that
---
When the going gets tough, the tough go have a little cry in the corner.
"Your mustache is crooked" ~ R.I.P Randy Savage.
#4Demonic_EssencePosted 8/31/2011 10:14:48 AM
His shot is awesome but everything else is laking thats probably why alot of people dislike him in Blitz.
---
If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea does that mean that one enjoys it?
#5xfyrenxPosted 8/31/2011 12:08:43 PM

His shot is awesome but everything else is laking thats probably why alot of people dislike him in Blitz.

I think it's more the fact you can only get him really late, by which time a lot of people will have played quite a few games already and have levelled a lot.
---
A fate worse than a fate worse than death... That's pretty bad - Blackadder
Black FC 2623-2687-6904 OT Vanessa
#6mattimeo2012Posted 8/31/2011 1:48:16 PM
That is actually the reason i hold off on blitzball until I reach the Calm Lands, then I have all the people I want on my normal team.
---
"How are you today Tony the Tiger?"
"I'm GRRRRRRRRRRRRR-owing sick of this crap..."
#7Demonic_EssencePosted 8/31/2011 3:40:09 PM
mattimeo2012 posted...
That is actually the reason i hold off on blitzball until I reach the Calm Lands, then I have all the people I want on my normal team.

and if you have been fighting with Wakka you can probably get his sigil by then to...........when does wakkas crest show up in Luca?????
---
#8erict1628Posted 8/31/2011 5:51:05 PM
Demonic_Essence posted...
and if you have been fighting with Wakka you can probably get his sigil by then to...........when does wakkas crest show up in Luca?????

Fighting with Wakka is relevant. It's the number of battles that your PARTY had been in. Wakka needs not be present.

IIRC, you can get Wakka's Crest the first time in Luca. You should be able to go back to the Aurochs' locker room and get it when you're ready to leave Luca.
#9Demonic_EssencePosted 8/31/2011 8:09:51 PM
erict1628 posted...

Fighting with Wakka is relevant. It's the number of battles that your PARTY had been in. Wakka needs not be present.

IIRC, you can get Wakka's Crest the first time in Luca. You should be able to go back to the Aurochs' locker room and get it when you're ready to leave Luca.

does that mean you could have Wakkas CW on first visit to calm lands if you tried?
---
#10erict1628Posted 8/31/2011 10:38:38 PM
does that mean you could have Wakkas CW on first visit to calm lands if you tried?

No, because you still can't get World Champion until after Celestial Mirror. And if I'm not mistaken (been years since I played), you can't get Celestial Mirror on the first visit to Macalania Woods.