This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tonberry and Valaha... why can't I find them to capture?

#1liquid2009Posted 1/27/2008 9:05:43 PM
I know they are in the cavern of stolen fayth. Is there a specific part of the cavern that they appear... or perhaps do those two monsters appear at another location where it's easier to run into them?

I've been at this for hours.
---
Ah! A bee!
#217MasterPosted 1/27/2008 9:13:03 PM
Nope. They're just rare encounters. If anyone told you anything about a specific spot giving greater probability of encountering one of them, it is not true. Just keep at it.
---
Currently playing: FFX LONONENNE (Mushroom Rock Road)
#3liquid2009(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2008 9:17:48 PM
Okay. I've been focusing on the final room in the cavern with the teleporter to the various rooms. ... But what the hell with the magic urn? What is the point of that? I get that enemy more than anything.
---
Ah! A bee!
#4BlazingGunnyPosted 1/30/2008 11:27:43 AM
I always flee from Magic Urns... one step closer to learning 'Coward', eh?

Anyways, I was running around the Cavern t'other day too. Valaha's are rare, but not THAT rare. They are the DualHorn type monsters that always appear with the Epaaj's.

Tonberrys? Yeah this took a while. I went about 40minutes without any, and then found two in a row.
---
Not changing sig until the world realises the Godliness of The Wildhearts!
#5X4GambitPosted 1/30/2008 12:11:26 PM
Ok there isn't any part where they spawn any more frequently, but I captured more it seems just beyond the front, and just beyond the middle area. After you enter the cave take the first right, and go to the end of that dead end is one good area as any. The middle room through to the green room to the right was also a good area to try.
#6GlacorasPosted 1/30/2008 12:14:43 PM
No area spawns more Tonberries or Valaha than any other.

However, once you find a Tonberry, they seem to spawn quite frequenctly in that area. I do know that they do not spawn in one area more than any other.

---
For my Guides, check my Quote
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=7&topic=40799192 - Other Systems Petition
#7Madnezz-RPosted 2/1/2008 12:12:02 PM

They do actually spawn in certain areas more as in others. In the cavern of the stolen fayth they seem to spawn at places where the floor is green, or at least, i got one there on my first encounter.

#8erict1628Posted 2/1/2008 4:41:34 PM
They do actually spawn in certain areas more as in others. In the cavern of the stolen fayth they seem to spawn at places where the floor is green, or at least, i got one there on my first encounter.

No, they don't. Just because you got one there doesn't mean that they spawn more in that area. That's really foolish logic.

---
"We aim to please. You aim too, please." -Janitorial Staff