This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

jumbo flan

#1chevalianknightPosted 2/13/2008 5:36:26 AM
I am asking for help on beating Jumbo Flan. I have read the Monster Arena FAQ, and tried using CB! Anima strategy, by using Pain. I got the point where he cast Regen on himself, but my Pain attacks did little to negotiate his life gain with my damage potential.

I have defeated One-Eye many times, so I have accumulated a lot of Magic Defense Spheres. I have raised Yuna's Magic Defense by 192, so Anima will have a much bettter chance of resisting the Jumbo Flan's attacks.

I want to further augment Anima's Pain attack, so does anyone know the skill modifier? I do not know if the modifier is strength or magic. If the modifier is strength, I could defeat the Ornitholestes for Evasion Spheres, so I will have a much easier time fighting the Juggernaut. If the modifier is Magic, then i have to devise another strategy to beat the Jumbo Flan.

Any help is appreciated.
---
A true knight, will forsake egoism and humiliate oneself with knighthood.
#2mightywarlordPosted 2/13/2008 5:46:25 AM

zanmato it with yojimbo in overdrive.

Aside from that, you can dance like no one is looking.

I'm pretty sure pain is stregnth. Each point of stregnth for yuna is something like 3 for anima, so just give her a few stregnth spheres and problem solved.

#3x8m8x3k3tPosted 2/13/2008 5:48:52 AM
Pain uses Magic.
---
My video channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/x8m8x3k3t
#4_Mace_Posted 2/13/2008 5:49:06 AM
Pain is Magic-based, unfortunately.

You can teach Anima Dispel with 3 Purifying Salts, which can rid Jumbo Flan of his Regen status.

---
"If you cured Cancer and AIDs next week, you would still owe [Santa] two presents." -Kyle, to Cartman.
#5chevalianknight(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2008 5:49:45 AM
I am pretty sure this a FAQ about this, but what is the minimum payment for Zanmato (sp) in Yojimbo's Overdrive?
---
A true knight, will forsake egoism and humiliate oneself with knighthood.
#6x8m8x3k3tPosted 2/13/2008 5:50:08 AM
Haste Anima Slow Jumbo Flan.
---
My video channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/x8m8x3k3t
#7_Mace_Posted 2/13/2008 5:55:20 AM
There's a lot more to getting Zanmato (which isn't an Overdrive) than just payment. Compatibility, which option you chose while hiring him, and the fiend's Zanmato resistance Level (which isn't low for Jumbo Flan) are all factors along with payment. Read jobber's Yojimbo FAQ for detailed information.

Haste Anima Slow Jumbo Flan.

And keep in mind while doing this that you'll need to target Jumbo Flan to cast Haste(ga) on your party, and someone in your party (with Reflect) to Slow Jumbo Flan.

---
"If you cured Cancer and AIDs next week, you would still owe [Santa] two presents." -Kyle, to Cartman.
#8Brenz0rPosted 2/13/2008 5:56:10 AM
From chevalianknight #005
I am pretty sure this a FAQ about this, but what is the minimum payment for Zanmato (sp) in Yojimbo's Overdrive?

There is no "minimum", as it's a chance-based technique - I've paid him some rather large amounts of gil at times, and he still wouldn't do it. Monster Arena creations also have (IIRC) a Zanmato resistance of 5, meaning that there's a much lower chance that Zanmato will work on them (the only creatures with a higher resistance than 5 are the Dark Aeons with 6, AFAIK).
#9SoulSparkPosted 2/13/2008 6:08:02 AM
Get Yuna to cover her entire grid, then Lu's, then Wakka's. By then Anima should be able to hit 99,999 with Pain. It ignores magic defence, so the damage in consistent against anything you use it against.
---
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~Albert Einestine
#10X4GambitPosted 2/13/2008 6:17:52 AM
There's a much easier way to take out jumbo flan. Cast reflect on one member of your party, and cast slow on them. Doublecast flare on the reflected party member, and then copycat after that...yawn it's almost to easy.