This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Auto-Potion vs Auto-Regen vs Auto-Haste

#1ThidinPosted 4/20/2008 10:05:29 AM
Hello Guys,

It's been a long while since I've played the game,
so my knowledge of the game isn't as great as it was before.

I have a piece of equipment which include:

-Ribbon
-Break HP Limit
-Auto-Phoenix
- <empty>

I'm preparing to deal with the Dark Aeons and the hard bosses of The Monster Arena.

My question is:

Which of the Following abilities should I put on my last space?

-Auto-Potion
-Auto-Haste
-Auto Regen

I would like to hear your opinions, it would be even better if somebody could explain in detail to me why I should pick one instead of the other. :)

Yours,

-Thidin
#2DeGroteJPosted 4/20/2008 10:15:16 AM
Should've skipped BHPL and gone for Haste and Potion.
---
Kentucky Fried Chocobo
#3barreltheifPosted 4/20/2008 10:16:08 AM
Haste>Regen>Potion in this case, but no matter what, the armor will pretty much suck. I advise selling it and making a new one.
#4_Mace_Posted 4/20/2008 10:18:22 AM
Auto Haste is the way to go because well, it's Auto Haste. Acting twice as fast (if not faster in some cases) makes this the best Armor ability. Take a look at any armor recommendation for any circumstance and you'll always see Auto Haste. Useful in every fight and you never have to manually cast Haste at the beginning of a fight, after being revived, and you don't have to worry about it being Dispelled. It also halves the wait time for the first action in battle for a character (barring First Strike/Preemptive Strike).

Auto Potion gets tossed out of the discussion because you're using Break Hp Limit, and items cap at 9999 damage/healing (aside from Dark Matter). Not to mention that Tidus, Wakka, Rikku and Kimahri's Celestial weapons suffer from a severe damage penalty with Hp that low.

Auto Phoenix shouldn't be on that armor either, for the same reason. You'll be revived with 9999 Hp, one tenth of your max Hp. It becomes cumbersome to heal that much Hp (Rikku's Mixes is the only full party one shot 99999 heal).

Auto Regen would be good for a BHPL armor, better than Auto Potion or Auto Phoenix. The more Hp you have, the more effective Auto Regen is, and for the most part it'll keep a BHPL oriented team alive without them having to heal themselves. It's good, doesn't take priority over Auto Haste though.

The best armor of the abilities stated in this topic is this:

Break Hp Limit
Auto Haste
Auto Regen
Ribbon

Go with Auto Haste, you'll want to rely on Auto Life instead of Auto Phoenix for survival (good thing is you'll rarely die with that much Hp).

---
"If you cured Cancer and AIDs next week, you would still owe [Santa] two presents." -Kyle, to Cartman.
#5WarmSeductionPosted 4/20/2008 10:18:33 AM
BHPL was a huge mistake.

-Auto-Haste

Is the best ability. You should pick that. The extra speed makes a large amount of difference.

-Auto-Potion

Get rid of potions/hi potions and have 99 X-potions and it'll always cure you so it useful.

You should pick Auto-Haste but really you shouldn't have used BHPL and had Auto-Potion/Auto-Haste at the same time.

-Auto Regen

Isn't very useful.
---
"I hate to burst your bubble but you can be in a relationship with many games or DVDs." ~ hellslinger
#6_Mace_Posted 4/20/2008 10:20:50 AM
but no matter what, the armor will pretty much suck.

That armor is one ability off from being one of the most efficient armors possible (Auto Phoenix <-> Auto Regen). He can still take out any boss with that armor, I wouldn't recommend that he starts over with his, especially considering how much of a pain in the ass it can be to get BHPL + Ribbon armors.

---
"If you cured Cancer and AIDs next week, you would still owe [Santa] two presents." -Kyle, to Cartman.
#7GlacorasPosted 4/20/2008 11:03:52 AM
BHPL was a huge mistake.

Not really. It can be a useful ability against Dark Aeons, Penance and some Monster Creations (glares at Cactuar King).

-Auto-Haste

Is the best ability. You should pick that. The extra speed makes a large amount of difference.

No arguements here.

-Auto-Potion

Get rid of potions/hi potions and have 99 X-potions and it'll always cure you so it useful.

Agreed, unless Rikku mixes a Trio of 9999 at the start of this match. That would make all Items deal at least 9999 damage, unless it does more than 9999 damage, like Dark Matter.

You should pick Auto-Haste but really you shouldn't have used BHPL and had Auto-Potion/Auto-Haste at the same time.

Why should you not have Auto-Haste with BHPL? I do agree with the Auto-Potion/BHPL mix is a bad idea.

-Auto Regen

Isn't very useful.

Actually, with a lot of HP, it becomes more useful.

---
www.geocities.com/games_ps2_pc/
STOP HAVIN TEH FUN TIS AGENST TEH RULZ - MarioMurderer
#8WarmSeductionPosted 4/20/2008 11:05:44 AM
BHPL is a useless ability. Just raise your defense and magic defense.

It takes about the same time as raising HP.
---
"I hate to burst your bubble but you can be in a relationship with many games or DVDs." ~ hellslinger
#9_Mace_Posted 4/20/2008 11:07:01 AM
(glares at Cactuar King).

*glares at CK's whopping 100,000 Hp*

---
#10_Mace_Posted 4/20/2008 11:07:46 AM
BHPL isn't useless, it's just unnecessary.

---