The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best Place to power level early on?

#1Tariq90210Posted 7/3/2008 10:00:40 AM
Hi, I jsut started playing this game again, and i was wondering, what is the best place to powerlevel early, early on in the game. I just arrived at besaid island, and I want the game to be a lot easier than it was when i last played it. thank you.
---
Brawl FC: 1117-9914-4013
Name: DJCT/Add me and i'll add you!
#2Josagie10Posted 7/3/2008 10:02:52 AM
It depends what you think of as early in the game i'd say kilika is the best though
---
OSGWO-power leveling for S&A
TO- Luca
#3BrainDamageEclipsePosted 7/3/2008 10:20:06 AM
Don't bother. You don't need to "powerlevel" except in certain single-character challenges.

Just fight things that get in your way, and follow these hints:

1- Get everyone involved in battles.
AP is not shared. If a monster is worth 100 AP and only 1 character fights it, that character will get 100 AP. If all 7 characters have a turn in the battle, all 7 will get 100 AP each. This is especially useful in boss battles.

2- Overkill enemies. Each enemy has an "overkill threshold". If the killing blow does more damage than this threshold, you will get an overkill. Each overkill is worth 50% more AP than a normal kill. Different enemies have different vulnerabilities, so hit them with the correct spell or weapon to get overkills.

Overkills also get you extra dropped items when you win the fight.
---
This signature is down for maintenance, please check back later.
#4BrainDamageEclipsePosted 7/3/2008 10:23:50 AM
BTW, have you done the boss fight on the boat before Kilika?

If you kill all three sinspawn, another three will take their place. You can get quite a lot of AP by doing this, but you don't need to. Just make sure that Tidus and Wakka are in good shape for the fight immediately afterward.
---
This signature is down for maintenance, please check back later.
#5sham_lixPosted 7/3/2008 10:43:03 AM
since you already play it once, you might understand what i mean (i'm trying to avoid spoiler)
my place to upgrade a bit around 10-15 minutes or more before proceeding:
1) Kilika before temple (just left lord ochu for bribe later)
2) Mi'hen highroad before resting place
3) bevelle - highbridge before boss
4) xxx ruins - inside around safe points before cloister of trials
i think this 4 places with grinding and other places without grinding are sufficient enough for you to get the game to be a lot easier to finish the game

yeah, i know some people can even finish the game without even a minute of grinding but if you want the game to be a lot easier, take your time for some upgrade
and if you take a hell lot more time upgrading, you'll have a hell lot easier game.
but for me, take a hell lot of time =/= easy
depends on you
#6CoontemptusPosted 7/3/2008 12:04:52 PM
"I just arrived at besaid island, and I want the game to be a lot easier than it was when i last played it. thank you."

I have the sneaking suspicion you are doing something wrong. This game is very easy, and if you are having trouble at some parts, over leveling isn't always going to make up for lack of strategy.
---
I do not wish to have a signature.
#7TR0391Posted 7/3/2008 12:35:58 PM
Really, this game is not hard as long as you level and don't just rush through everything. Just spend like 10 minutes leveling in each place and you shouldn't have a problem. It is really easy to overlevel in this game, so that you are much more powerful than the opponents and bosses need you to be.
---
[It's a secret to everybody]
#8Tariq90210(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2008 12:46:42 PM
I'm not having trouble near besaid island. I just said, i'm currently at besaid, and want the game to be a lot easier when I face Seymour and the Airship boss etc. So the Killak place is good to power level?
---
Brawl FC: 1117-9914-4013
Name: DJCT/Add me and i'll add you!
#9Josagie10Posted 7/3/2008 12:48:47 PM
For seymore remember the nuls
---
OSGWO-power leveling for S&A
TO- Luca
#10IminyourclosetPosted 7/3/2008 4:06:44 PM
if you find a save sphere in the wild at any point, just stay there and battle until your health (or mana, or w/e) gets low, then save (this restores your party to peak condition). Keep doing this as long as you like, for XP, spheres, items, gil, sometimes even better weapons if you're lucky.

Also, as has been said, make sure you level EVERY CHARACTER evenly (however tedious it may feel). At some points in the story you're limited to only using certain characters, and if you only level the same 3 every time and you can't use them at these times, you're going to suffer for it.
---
"MGS4 will be ported to 360 in an improved version with extras" - Flaming Tables, the Xbox 360 Message Board