This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Blitzball - Soft Reset

#1slimyguy007Posted 8/5/2008 1:51:15 PM

I've gotten all the way through the Auroch Reels in blitzball, and I'm trying to get Jupiter Sigil. However, whenever I soft reset (L2+L1+Select+Start+R1+R2), the tournament always has the same prizes.

Here's my situation:

I'm in the middle of a league with the prizes of: Three Stars, Elixir, Regen, Remedy.

I just finished a tournament where I won the Jecht Shot 2 (and whatever the high scorer prize was, I think it was a rename card). I haven't started the next tournament yet, but the prizes when I soft reset are always: Elixir, Soft, Potion, Rename Card.

Is there something I'm missing? Is the tournament always the same prizes, and the league is the only one that switches when you soft reset? I keep on hearing about people soft resetting until they get the prizes they want, but it doesn't seem to work with me so I guess I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance.

#2BrainDamageEclipsePosted 8/5/2008 2:12:01 PM
I'm in the middle of a league with the prizes of: Three Stars, Elixir, Regen, Remedy.

There's your problem. In order to change the league prize, you must either:

1- Complete the league season
2- Reset blitzball data (from the blitzball menu)

Resetting data may be a little drastic, especually if you have levelled up and learned techs.
Quickest way to complete a season is to forfeit games.

As soon as the season is over, LEAVE BLITZBALL AND SAVE.
Then, go back into blitz menu, and check prizes. If you soft reset the PS2 now, prizes will change.

Anyhoo, if you're just trying to win the sigil, try this:

BDEís cut & paste guide #4: Jupiter Sigil in minimum possible games:

Compulsory game vs Luca Goers: (1 game, win or lose). Leave Luca, touch save sphere.
Head back into Luca, sign Wedge (forward), Jumal (goalkeeper) and Zalitz (defence). Shaami is OK too.
If you have the Airship you can sign Wakka (forward) and Brother (midfield), but youíll do just fine with the ringers available in Luca.
Enter and exit the blitz menu until tournament is available, ignore the league.
Tournament: win attack reels. Save game. (win 2-3 games)
You can't get status reels until you complete the current league or reset blitz data.
Use RESET STATS to get new league prize.
This resets all blitz data :( But donít worry, you only played 3-4 games.
If the prize is not status reels, reset and re-load, fight more battles (you need 250 battles), and try again later.
After resetting, your team is now back to starting levels and players, so sign up Wedge and Jumal again.
Win league to get status reels. Save game. (10 games).
You do not need to win all ten, just finish on top of the table, so you may lose (or forfeit) 2-3 games.
Enter/ exit blitz menu, until tournament appears.
Tournament prize should be auroch's reels, if not reset and reload, do not reset blitz data, You may need more battles (450 battles).
Win auroch's reels, (2-3 games). Save game.
You will need to reset blitz data again, (then sign players again) to avoid an unnecessary 10 games.
Jupiter sigil should be available now. Win league to get it (10 games)

You should now have the Jupiter sigil in 25-27 games of blitzball, depending on whether you got a "bye" in the two tournaments.
Yes, you can soft reset the game until you get a bye. So 24 games (plus the compulsory one) is the minimum.

---
This signature is down for maintenance, please check back later.
#3slimyguy007(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2008 2:15:57 PM
Okay, so the league is the only one that offers the jupiter sigil? I don't need to reset data I think, I'm spanking everybody (8-0-0 in current league, Tidus top scorer with 48). I'll finish up this league and save without looking at new league prizes, and if they're not what I want then soft reset should change them?
#4slimyguy007(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2008 2:16:55 PM
Tidus top scorer with 48 is what I meant, auto-face kicked in
#5erict1628Posted 8/5/2008 7:44:10 PM
I'll finish up this league and save without looking at new league prizes, and if they're not what I want then soft reset should change them?

Yes.

---
"We aim to please. You aim too, please." -Janitorial Staff