This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do I get the item that has no random encounters?

#1DeathScape666Posted 10/12/2008 4:08:53 PM

Whatever it is, what is it called, where do I get it, and how do I get it?

Thank you very much in advance. This will help me a lot with exploring areas.

#2Auron66Posted 10/12/2008 4:14:01 PM
No Encounter:
You are searching for = Purifying Salt
You'll need = 30
You shall receive 99 for unlocking Fafnir (Monster Arena)
You can steal it from:
- Warrior Monk in Bevelle (both)
- Fallen Monk in Zanarkand (both)
- Abaddon at the Monster Arena
- Hornet from the Monster Arena

Hope this helped
<The information is taken from KADFC's Item Database, all info described here are thanks to him/her>

A good day.
---
I have found the answers I always wanted, but they came with a high price.
#3Ryan SiPosted 10/12/2008 9:34:55 PM
Just get the No Encounters weapon. I forget which optional boss/monster you have to fight though.
#4na-mi-daPosted 10/12/2008 9:47:12 PM
Geosgaeno drops No Encounters weapons, and Ghost and Wraith drop No Encounters armours. You can also customize the armour with Purifying Salts, as stated above. (The No Encounters weapon is a once-only thing, however. If you get an Auto-Reflect armour from him instead, you can never get a No Encounters weapon, only a No Encounters armour.)
---
FFX NSGNSNCNINTQNSB: Kilika (NSB = No Sunburst)
#5xninja999Posted 10/12/2008 9:47:34 PM
I believe ghosts in the C.O.T.S.F occasionally drop them, although i could be wrong.
---
The warrior is unyielding and powerful, his heart is determined and loyal, his spirit peaceful and wise.
#6Ryan SiPosted 10/14/2008 6:54:37 AM
"Geosgaeno drops No Encounters weapons, and Ghost and Wraith drop No Encounters armours. You can also customize the armour with Purifying Salts, as stated above. (The No Encounters weapon is a once-only thing, however. If you get an Auto-Reflect armour from him instead, you can never get a No Encounters weapon, only a No Encounters armour.)"

If you don't get the NE weapon from him the first time reset and fight him again. No big deal.
#7na-mi-daPosted 10/14/2008 8:36:18 AM
Thank you, Captain Obvious.
---
FFX NSGNSNCNINTQNSB: Macalania Forest (NSB = No Sunburst)
#8Can_l_Have_ItPosted 10/14/2008 9:36:09 AM
Do the ghosts in the monster arena also drop them? I've been fighting for like 20 minutes and haven't got a no encounter drop yet.
#9na-mi-daPosted 10/14/2008 2:38:39 PM
Yes, monsters you fight in the wild have the same item and equipment drops as the same monster will in the arena.

It can take a while to get No Encounters from the ghosts, but it does happen eventually. If you haven't already beaten Geosgaeno though, it may be easier to get it from him, as he's quite easy to beat and you have a 50% chance of getting it rather than the low chance of getting it from Ghosts.
---
FFX NSGNSNCNINTQNSB: Macalania Forest (NSB = No Sunburst)
#10barreltheifPosted 10/14/2008 3:02:48 PM
You have about a 6% chance of getting No Encounters from a Ghost.
---
"You're the only person in the world who can quote the best literature in history and still sound like you don't know your elbow from your anus."-WS