The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Al Bhed airship riddles

#1SquareFanaticPosted 10/26/2008 8:33:23 AM
I am just curious, where are they supposed to be and what do they say/mean? I found one outsiad Besaid that mentions something about Bikanel and Kilika being one. That's made me curious about what it means and what the rest are.

---
"You steal men's souls and make them your slaves!" "Perhaps the same could be said of all religions." -Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
#2bover_87Posted 10/26/2008 8:46:51 AM
The one about Bikanel and Kilika isn't a riddle, it's just signifying the unity of the two place.

The way they work is that, for example:

tepswrsVCOIU
hasodiITROS

You read the first letter of the first one, then the first of the second, then the second of the first, then the third of the first line, then the second and third of the second line, then the fourth and fifth of the first line, and so on. I.e.
_ _
|/ /_/ /_

I know my explanation sucked, but hopefully it helps you a little. You can find the passwords in an FAQ if you prefer.
---
I...I shall consume.
Consume...consume everything. ~ Hardcore™
#3yojizuPosted 10/26/2008 8:58:54 AM
The first one, in Besaid, tells you that the two others (in Bikanel and Kilika) are one, hinting that you need to join them together. If you read first a letter from the Kilika one, and then a letter from the Bikanel one, and then the next letter from the Kilika one etc., it'll read 'the password is VICTORIOUS', which is a password for the airship (I believe it leads you to a weapon for Rikku, but I could be wrong).
---
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j231/Yojizu/Trailing_of_the_sheep1.jpg
^ This contains the one, undeniable truth of the universe ^
#417MasterPosted 10/26/2008 9:00:32 AM
^Armor, not weapon. It is for Rikku, though.
---
Why do people that despise a game so much waste valuable time visiting said game's message board only to say how much they hate said game?
#5yojizuPosted 10/26/2008 9:02:51 AM
I was too lazy to find my guide (yes, I actually have the official Piggyback guide lying around... I bought this game before I stumbled upon GF).
---
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j231/Yojizu/Trailing_of_the_sheep1.jpg
^ This contains the one, undeniable truth of the universe ^
#6SquareFanatic(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2008 9:29:35 AM
Any others? By random searching I managed to stumble on the battle site, baaj, besaid falls, and the mi'ihen ruins. I doubt I'll be so lucky with any of the others, though....

---
"You steal men's souls and make them your slaves!" "Perhaps the same could be said of all religions." -Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
#7Montie2kPosted 10/26/2008 1:35:03 PM
The Secrets/Sidequests FAQ by !.A.C.A.! is very in-depth on this very issue.
---
So are we so different? Of course, we are, and you will be even more different if I ever finish my homemade flame thrower.
-Jack Handey