This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why can't you skip cutscenes.. (spoilers)

#1PokenubPosted 3/1/2009 5:46:02 PM
Trying various strategys to beat Seymour Flux, I had to listen to him crap on and on about Kimarhi being the last Ronso (orr nottt) and that.

Why couldn't they have made a skip option?

And also, why can't you cast spells at more than one person.

AFAIK, this is the ONLY final fantasy game where you can't target multiple people with a single spell..
---
Serebii's type matchup chart. One of the things actually done right on the site. - Ice3090
#2southbeatz1169Posted 3/1/2009 6:25:40 PM
For whatever reason, they don't have the typical options to cast magic on multiple targets in FFX, you can use spells like i know Ultima will target all enemies and demi but most of the others only will target 1 at a time. Most of the FF games didn't have a skip option, X-2 does have a skip option to skip most cutscenes but X doesn't. I haven't played X in a while but intend to again soon, i think if i remember right seymour flux will cast zombie/curse on people, i know there are a couple of bosses that do and try to cast death, i can't remember is seymour flux was one of them or not, i think so but i might be mistaken, i do remember though, if you're affected with curse, you're immune to death, you can't heal the ones infected but for bosses that cast death, you're immune to it. you could always use some aeons to deal some damage but after ne attack seymour always banishes the aeon from the fight. Since i don't care to do spoilers much, the best method to beat anyone in any ff game is if you lose, remember what all the boss did and have a counter for it. there's always a trick to each boss, you just have to find it, otherwise some fight can be very frustrating.
#3Pokenub(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2009 6:47:33 PM
Oh, right nah I defeated him with my usual idea: Use Bahamut.

XD

It seems that I use it for everything now.

"In trouble, use Bahamut. Need to kill a boss, use Bahamut." "Need to make toast, use Bahamut".
---
Serebii's type matchup chart. One of the things actually done right on the site. - Ice3090
#4southbeatz1169Posted 3/1/2009 7:15:52 PM
lol, bahamut is good early in the game but late in the game the magus sisters are outrageous. myself though when i can i prefer to avoid using aeons since they sometimes make a fight too easy but they do have their moments. most random encounters never should pose a real threat but certain bosses could possibly depending on how far you level up the characters. losing to a boss isn't too big of a deal though, if you haven't fought a certain boss before you may not know what is needed to beat it, but one fight usually tells what all a boss is going to do so you can know how to counter that in the second try. personally i liked the fights in X-2 more than X but X did have the better story but X-2 has the toughest fights.
#5TheDividerPosted 3/1/2009 8:03:38 PM
.....and what's the deal with airline food, you call these peanuts!?!?1

Spoiler

I love almonds.

Haste up, and attack that man bear thing attached to him.
---
"Outside the dream world, life can be harsh--even cruel, but it is life." - Auron
#6AndoYzermanPosted 3/2/2009 1:31:41 PM
Why couldn't they have made a skip option?

And also, why can't you cast spells at more than one person.

Kind of pointless questions concerning an eight year old game. And I know this game's lack of skip-scene can be annoying, but you should try Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits. It's a forty-hour game filled with ridiculously easy battles, capped off by a very-easy-to-lose final battle. And before the final battle you have to go through about 20 minutes of cutscenes and 10 minutes of near-impossible-to-lose battles. Once you start fighting the final boss, it goes very slowly, and it is difficult and you tend to lose by attrition, so a failed attempt can easily take an hour. That's on top of the 30 minutes you have to endure prior to the boss since the last save point. That doesn't make FFX any better, but trust me, it could be worse!

As for the single-cast spells, yeah, they could have made multi-target option for most spells, but the battle mechanics are designed with single-targeting in mind. Asking why you can't target more then one is along the same lines as, "how come Tidus doesn't have a move that costs 1 mp that instantly kills every enemy on the screen?" The answer to both questions is, "because" and best left at that.
---
"I mean, does this topic need any more assery?" ~ _Zanarkand_
#7SacredPocketsPosted 3/3/2009 7:28:09 PM
You can skip cut scenes. Unfortunately, it costs two (Yes, two) Sphere's of Life, which are found if you win the first blitzball game against the Duggles before Sin attacks. Now, I don't know about you, but I prefer to not waste my Sphere's of Life.

On a more serious note, I don't know why you can't skip cutscenes.
---
Check out my backloggery of games!
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=sacredpockets
#8thetrueoskarPosted 3/3/2009 7:30:05 PM
"how come Tidus doesn't have a move that costs 1 mp that instantly kills every enemy on the screen?"

*coughquickhitcough*
---
thetrueoskar-She... didn't use the lips of her mouth
jim_reaper95-I can only speculate. Speculate and "o_O".
#9popoetrPosted 3/3/2009 11:11:34 PM
u cant skip cutscenes cause Square Enix want you to remember every scene for the rest of your life

---
Believe what you wanna believe, but DONT push it onto me
#10TyroneCWPosted 3/3/2009 11:13:12 PM
But they don't want you too in FFX-2?
---
<3 Fascist Dictatorships. Perfect perfection incarnate.