This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Chocobo Eater coming up. Tips?

#1Ambies_BoyPosted 4/29/2009 5:11:27 AM
I remember fighting this boss years ago when FFX was still new. I remember that the chocobo eater pushes you off a ledge. But I also remember being able to defeat him before being pushed off. So what my question is. How should my stats be to be able to defeat it without to much of a problem? Also an important note. I have not moved Yuna on the sphere grid at all. I have 21 move spheres with her, but i'm saving them.

What I'm doing with yuna is waiting untill I get 2 Level 4 key spheres. Because she is close to uh, I forget, either Auto-life or Ultima. I can't remember. But i'm saving her for those. So it's obvious she'll be weak for a while.
---
PSN: Ambies_Boy Anti-Xbox/xbox360 gamefaqers Counter: 9 (let me know if your against anything xbox, i'll add 1 to the counter,i'm included)gfaq mods what a joke
#2Ambies_Boy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2009 5:20:56 AM
I was just looking at a guide. I don't think i've ever pushed him off. And It say's you get 2 lvl 1 keys if you do so. So How can i do this? (guide was a little helpful but not alot)
---
PSN: Ambies_Boy Anti-Xbox/xbox360 gamefaqers Counter: 9 (let me know if your against anything xbox, i'll add 1 to the counter,i'm included)gfaq mods what a joke
#3GlacorasPosted 4/29/2009 5:31:44 AM
You need to do enough damage to knock him over before he gets a turn and push him back (eg, Lulu using Fira (can do with just Fire, probably) and the two heavy hitters hitting him while he is down, with Tidus using Haste on the party). I think I had to cure Chocobo Eater a couple of times as it was going to be killed before it got pushed off the edge.

---
Allow GameFAQ users to Track Guides by signing this petition -
www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=7&topic=44545278
#4SpartanFREAKPosted 4/29/2009 5:46:12 AM
i would have never beat it without the use of aeons
---
My Youtube Page http://www.youtube.com/user/RE4freak4
PSN:MiloPro
#5slyfan926Posted 4/29/2009 9:22:44 AM
Have Tidus cast Haste on Kimahri, Auron and Lulu. They will all do great damage on CE and knock him down. If you have Fira for Lulu, that great. Also, have Wakka use Dark Attack to blind him and if all else fails, summon Ifrit to use Hellfire on him
---
Not changing sig until master_chief_15 tells me to, Started April 28, 2009
#6amish_lucasPosted 4/29/2009 9:53:44 AM
The only time I've ever pushed him off the ledge is at NSG stats. When I level up normally I always kill him before I can do it. Once you power break him he becomes fairly easy. Just remember to defend with the player that gets pointed at when he says "You're Next" and attack with any fire weapons you have.
---
There's no love in faith
#7EnglishLanguagPosted 4/29/2009 11:36:24 AM
KILL IT WITH FIRE......literally :D
---
No E because max letter limit is mean.
Currently doing:RevenantSSCC(FFT,Goug Machine City),SerpentariusSSCC(FFT Velius),Bat**** Challenge(FFT Mandalia)
#8spartan_missilePosted 4/29/2009 2:49:49 PM
Tips :
You need to be quick in this fight and make sure you keep up the attacks, or your characters will end up falling off the cliff..

There are a few ways..
As said, use Haste, have Tidus cast it on Lulu ,She can use Fire based magic throughout the battle, you could Hit it with Power Break, Have Auron use his Power Break skill to reduce its physical damage capability. Then have Wakka Dark Attack constantly, dont forget Choc Eater when still standing Is armoured, so if you attack physically Auron and Kimahri will do more damage than Wakka or Tidus, since their weapons are piercing,

---
Man who walk through airport door sideways is going to Bang-kok.
#9BrainDamageEclipsePosted 4/29/2009 2:58:59 PM
Don't forget to slow chocobo eater. Use the stunning steel (buy from O'aka) or get Tidus to cast slow. Slowing him means he gets less turns, so he doesn't have time to push back.

Also, you may want to get Auron to kill some bombs. Get Lulu to cast blizzard, then finish them with Auron. You want them to drop a firestrike weapon, and the character who kills it is more likely to get the drop. As an added bonus, any weapon dropped by a bomb has a hidden ability that increases damage by 12.5% (IIRC).

---
This signature is down for maintenance, please check back later.
#10BrainDamageEclipsePosted 4/29/2009 3:07:39 PM
...and don't forget to use Tidus' delay attack.

So...

Slow Chocobo Eater
Power Break CE
Haste Tidus, Auron and Lulu
Spam Delay Attack, Firestrike weapons and Lulu's fire spell

And don't forget you can throw a hi-potion (or even an x-potion if you got one in Luca) to heal CE giving you more time to push him off...

---
This signature is down for maintenance, please check back later.