This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Coward overdrive mode for every character?

#1DEADLY SHAD0WPosted 6/4/2009 4:48:45 PM
Did anyone get the coward overdrive mode for every character? If so, how long did it take. It's so tedious and I only have it for Tidus, Wakka, and Rikku.
---
Be myself?! If being myself was the solution to my problem, I wouldn't have a problem in the first place!!! Who came up with that stupid idea anyway?
#2negi_magicianPosted 6/4/2009 4:58:06 PM
There's a faq on how many successes it takes to acquire each overdrive. Long story short, I've never legitimately obtained this mode.
---
AndoYzerman-I'd say the halfway point is right around the 50% complete mark.
#3DEADLY SHAD0W(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2009 5:06:39 PM
I'm aware of that. I already got the other 16 overdrive modes for everybody except coward. I'm asking how long it took for everybody else to obtain that mode for all characters (especially Auron, 1000 turns!) so I can decide if I should bother with it.
---
Be myself?! If being myself was the solution to my problem, I wouldn't have a problem in the first place!!! Who came up with that stupid idea anyway?
#4DEADLY SHAD0W(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2009 12:17:08 PM
Bump.
---
#5GlacorasPosted 6/5/2009 12:21:27 PM
More important question:

Does "Flee" count for these attempts?

If so, I would walk around the Sunken Cave/Cavern of the Stolen Fayth with First Strike and Flee from all battles until all characters learnt it (Sunken Cave has a high encounter rate, IMO, and the Magic Urns which makes it a safe choice, IMO)

---
Allow GameFAQ users to Track Guides by signing this petition -
www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=7&topic=44545278
#6TwilightAeon13Posted 6/5/2009 12:36:56 PM
coward is an overdrive mode? how do you get that?
---
It's not wrong to be a girl and like video games. Don't you agree?
People who said yes: 28 People who said no: 1
#7GlacorasPosted 6/5/2009 12:39:40 PM
^ Escape from a battle a set number of times. Read the Overdrive FAQ by PFriedman for more information (or the other one, but I find that author's work hard to read).

---
Allow GameFAQ users to Track Guides by signing this petition -
www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=7&topic=44545278
#8KuronoE77Posted 6/5/2009 1:12:50 PM
Does "Flee" count for these attempts?

Yup, Flee works.

---
"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." -Franklin D. Roosevelt.
#9OrmEmbarPosted 6/5/2009 1:31:00 PM
I had to get this like a week or two back. It was complete hell. I think I must have spend maybe 15 or 20 hours on it (but not playing to the best of my ability doing it). I too had the mode through storyline playthrough for Tidus, Wakka and Rikku. What I did was that I equipped Auron with Masamune and went into Omega Ruins because it seemed to have a great encounter rate. I started out with Auron, Yuna and Rikku on my team. After some hours (maybe 10, I dunno) I felt that I had a good number of flees for the three characters. I then switched Lulu out for Kimahri to create some balance so I didn't have to do another 700 flees with Kimahri after the other three were done. Auron was the first of the four to learn it, as he has gained a lot of flees out of always being in my Omega Ruins team and Yuna followed him soon after. I then switched Lulu in for Kimahri and kept on the routine and they eventually learned it. This took my several days.
---
Oh Eton and Madgalene. The hoop has an hole in. Of course it's got a hole in, it wouldn't be a hoop otherwise, would it, mush!
-Mr. Anemone
#10DEADLY SHAD0W(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2009 2:27:46 PM
Yeah, I was in the Omega Ruins too trying to learn the coward overdrive for everyone. I also kept Auron with the Masamune in my team for 2 reasons:
1) He requires the most turns to learn it
2)His First Strike ability can be a life saver if I get ambushed by a Great Malboro

I got so bored constantly fleeing from battles that I decided to forget about it. Anyway, thanks for answering.
---