This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Lending money to O'aka.....what's the deal????

#1GreenKnight127Posted 8/20/2009 12:54:02 PM
Just started a new game, and bumped into O'aka. Couldn't find any info on the faqs....but apparently its worth your while to lend this guy money.

I'm at the part where you start playing blitzball for the first time, and Yuna got kidnapped......and O'aka's got some nice new items available but super expensive.

Does lending him money make his items cheaper when you see him again? How does this work? How much money should you lend him? What's the deal???? Grrr...

---
"The real internet trolls, are the ones who feel obligated to post on threads they don't like. They lack the self-control to simply walk away."
#2GhettoVCRPosted 8/20/2009 1:07:20 PM
from what I remember, lending him money won't make his items cheaper, but if you help him pay off his debt he will sell empty 4 slotted armor for you to buy at 100K gil a piece or such.

---
instead of cigarette smoking i took up taco bell, a slow delicious death.
#3TaterzzPosted 8/20/2009 1:11:46 PM
no need for it, you just need to talk to wantz on gagazet to get him to appear at macalania forest for those armors and weapons
---
You just lost the game.
#4GreenKnight127(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2009 1:15:04 PM
So...lending him money does nothing????

That makes no sense.

Why are his items so expensive?

Who designs this crap...if it's so expensive, but can be obtained a different way, why bother???

I refuse to give this guy all my money to find out it does nothing. Or helps me get items I could have gotten a different way later in the game anyway.

Does anyone know specifically what you should do with this O'aka guy???
---
"The real internet trolls, are the ones who feel obligated to post on threads they don't like. They lack the self-control to simply walk away."
#5Mikey_RPosted 8/20/2009 1:19:43 PM
It does make his items cheaper but I don't know exactly how it works.
---
PSN: Mikey_R
Burnout Paradise: 102% Cars + 101% Bikes + 100% Island = 303% Challenges (500/500 = 100%)
#6TooEducatedPosted 8/20/2009 1:30:26 PM
See Section XXXI of Split Infinity's FAQ.

Lending money to Oaka will determine the prices he charges during certain points in the story. The following is directly from the Guide:

-
You can't buy anything from him yet. However, by donating certain amounts of
money you will get either a discount or increase in prices - you have four
chances to do so. How much to donate and how will this affect the prices in
listed below. First time you'll see any effect on the prices is on the Mushroom
Rock road.
0 - 100 gil -> all items/weapons will get 100% increase in prices
101 - 1000 gil -> all items/weapons will get 50% increase in prices
1001 - 10000 -> all items/weapons will get 20% increase in prices
10001+ -> items/weapons will get 30% discount on all prices

---
Founding Member of Faustian's Anonymous
#7GreenKnight127(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2009 2:17:46 PM
Ummm....sooo....unless that's a typo......he "INCREASES" the price of his items if you donate any LESS than 10,001 gil?????

Yeah.....I'm lost.

---
#8Mikey_RPosted 8/20/2009 3:26:25 PM
When you first see him he needs cash aka he's broke. If you don't give him enough he will be asking for more gil to get him out of bankruptcy. Of course if you give him enough he will charge less.
---
PSN: Mikey_R
Burnout Paradise: 102% Cars + 101% Bikes + 100% Island = 303% Challenges (500/500 = 100%)
#9erict1628Posted 8/20/2009 3:30:28 PM
GhettoVCR | Posted
from what I remember, lending him money won't make his items cheaper, but if you help him pay off his debt he will sell empty 4 slotted armor for you to buy at 100K gil a piece or such.

You remember wrong. Donating money to O'aka has NOTHING whatsoever to do with Wantz selling those 4-slotted equipment to you. The criteria is that you need to talk to O'aka at Mt. Gagazet.

Someone already explained the rate of his "discount" if you donate to him.

GreenKnight127 | Posted
Ummm....sooo....unless that's a typo......he "INCREASES" the price of his items if you donate any LESS than 10,001 gil?????

Yeah.....I'm lost.

It's not a typo. O'aka was able to sneak into Operation Mi'ihen, which means he has monopoly during the operation. As a result, he raises the price of everything to 200%. So if you donate to him, he'll give you a discount from that price. This only affects the prices at 3 places: right before, at, and right after Operation Mi'ihen. After that, his prices will go back to 100%.

---
L.A. Lakers: 2009 NBA Champions!!!
#10From_oblivionPosted 8/20/2009 3:31:04 PM
The prices of the items he sells definitely become cheaper in relation to the amount of money you lend him.
---
Life is a game, play it.