This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does it matter if you win the game?

#1humpmasterflexPosted 9/1/2009 4:17:24 PM
Does it matter if you win the blitzball game against the goers?

This game seems so rigged.

The scor in the first half, then i tie it up with tidus in the second half. Half way through ppl start calling for wakka and tidus leaves.. so im like ok.

The goers get the ball and one of the dudes starts rushing towards my goal. Instead of the team goin after him, they are goin towards the other endzone leaving the shooter wide open. He has 13 SH and keepa has 5 CA... you can only guess what happens next.

This is so rigged, you team runs away instead of defending. Thats stupid when you lose because the game is made that way... then why do they make u play in the first damn place?
---
My New Year's Resolution: 1920x1080
#2showmevideogamePosted 9/1/2009 4:41:09 PM
Winning the game does nothing except:
1) Show Wakka holding a trophy instead of a blitzball in the next scene
2) Change some of the things that random NPCs say to you in Luca
3) You get a Strength Sphere

For some reason, this match was never all that hard for me. On my current playthrough, I won either 3-0 or 4-0 (can't remember). I don't even like blitzball that much and I certainly never waste my time on it :p (Well....I guess this time I will but JUST to get Wakka's overdrives and ultimate weapon.)
---
Cloth Physics FTW!
#3OverlordDeathPosted 9/1/2009 4:41:58 PM
It doesn't matter, all you get if you win is a Strength Sphere(I think) and the trophy, but there isn't much difference if you win or lose.
---
Shall it not end at this point, but instead continue among the stars.
#4zzanmatoPosted 9/1/2009 4:42:32 PM
It's not a bad thing. Lots of people lose against the Goers the first match. And yes, your teammates may seem drunk when it comes to opposing the opposition.

If you win, you get the satisfaction, the trophy and a Strength Sphere.

The Strength Sphere is invaluable at that point in the game, but it's not directly needed. Just carry on with the game.
---
Video Games have ruined my life. Luckily I have two lives left..
#5zzanmatoPosted 9/1/2009 4:43:25 PM
Wow, two people before me. Still an active board ^_^
---
Video Games have ruined my life. Luckily I have two lives left..