This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Healer overdrive question

#1Deathblade2009Posted 10/18/2009 4:44:50 PM
Does pray count towards gaining the healer overdrive? or do i have to use cure?
#2AustinEvil123Posted 10/18/2009 5:14:58 PM
Pray does count, just not very much, IIRC.
---
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy X, Silent Hill 3
#3Mikey_RPosted 10/18/2009 5:22:12 PM
Yes it counts.
---
Iron Bread FTW!!
#4Montie2kPosted 10/19/2009 3:14:36 AM
Pray does count, just not very much, IIRC.

"not very much"?? Pray heals two allies, so assuming neither ally is at max HP, it's up to twice as efficient as using a single-party healing spell, with no MP or item consumption.
---
So are we so different? Of course, we are, and you will be even more different if I ever finish my homemade flame thrower.
-Jack Handey
#5Montie2kPosted 10/19/2009 3:15:08 AM
*single-target
---
So are we so different? Of course, we are, and you will be even more different if I ever finish my homemade flame thrower.
-Jack Handey
#6Firion_TribePosted 10/19/2009 3:40:48 PM
My Lulu who is healing for something like 20k with curaga is healing for 400 with pray. If you start getting enough magic to up the healing of pray enough that it *might make a difference, odds are you have 1mp and magic booster on your weapons, which neither of them affect pray. So even with the act of healing two targets, you are getting nowhere near the same amount of healing.
---
"Everytime something good happens to me you say it's some kind of madness. Or that i'm drunk. Or ate too much candy." Fry from futurama
#7Mikey_RPosted 10/19/2009 4:00:30 PM
He's on about obtaining the overdrive mode. Pray is better because you get 2 points in learning it as opposed to 1 from other healing magic.
---
Iron Bread FTW!!
#8Firion_TribePosted 10/20/2009 4:28:02 AM
Whoops, misunderstood. Yeah pray would work better for that.
---
"Everytime something good happens to me you say it's some kind of madness. Or that i'm drunk. Or ate too much candy." Fry from futurama
#9GreyfeldPosted 10/24/2009 5:55:33 AM

Mikey_R posted...
He's on about obtaining the overdrive mode. Pray is better because you get 2 points in learning it as opposed to 1 from other healing magic.
---
Iron Bread FTW!!

Well, I didn't actually do extensive testing, but it SEEMED, to me at least, that the amount of OD bar it fills is based on how much health you replenish (up to a certain cap, like the Warrior overdrive mode with damage).

#10Mikey_RPosted 10/24/2009 7:30:16 AM
Well, I didn't actually do extensive testing, but it SEEMED, to me at least, that the amount of OD bar it fills is based on how much health you replenish (up to a certain cap, like the Warrior overdrive mode with damage).

Completely irrelevant to learning the OD mode.
---
Iron Bread FTW!!