This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Master Thief & Pick Pocket

  • Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X
  3. Master Thief & Pick Pocket
6 years ago#1
Do these ever come already on a item or they must be customized?
Thx!
6 years ago#2
Master Thief requires 30 Pendulums to customize into armor. (always steals rare items)

Pickpocket........I forgot (increases chances of stealing rare items)
---
"May all your Giant Enemy Crabs belong to your weak spot for massive damage."
6 years ago#3
Chance of a successful steal is not affected by master thief or pickpocket.

Once a successful steal has been determined, you will get one of two possible results, the common steal item(s), or the rare steal item(s).

Assuming you have successfully stolen something here is what you will get:

Master Thief: 100% chance of rare item
Pickpocket: 50% chance of rare item, 50% chance of common item
Neither: 25% chance of rare item, 75% chance of common item.

Master thief is much easier to get. You can get the required items from the chocobo race at remiem temple, or from bribing ultima weapon. If you want the rare item, use this.

Pickpocket is harder to get, you need to farm stratoavis in the monster arena. Since it is not as effective as master thief, it is probably not worth the effort.

If you want to obtain the common steal item, don't use pickpocket or master thief.

---
This signature is down for maintenance, please check back later.
6 years ago#4
To answer your question, I have never seen them appear on any dropped item and I have played lots of complete games of FFX. I believe that they can only be obtained through customization.
---
FFX FAQ - Blitzball Beginnings - available free by e-mail request to zorro007(AT)pacbell(DOT)net
6 years ago#5
A quick Ctrl+F through the monster database didn't turn up any enemies/bosses that drop master thief or pick pocket equipment.

---
http://pics.fort90.com/journal/pokemans.jpg
http://www.geekologie.com/2008/08/25/ninja.jpg
6 years ago#6
Sorry, I went a bilt off topic yesterday. To answer the original question:

Do these ever come already on a item or they must be customized?

Dropped items never contain these abilities, they must be customised.

anyhoo, from KADFC's item faq, here's how to get the items :)



+ Pendulum
1. Mix Item
2. Customization:
Master Thief: 30 Pendulum

Buy: N/A
Sell: 1,250 Gil
Steal: N/A
Drop: Neslug - 1,2; , = Monster Arena
- Unlock All Area Creations
Bribe: Master Tonberry - 4 ( 960,000 Gil) = Omega Ruins (240,000)
Ultima Weapon - 99 (1,400,000 Gil) = Omega Ruins ( 14,141)
Found: N/A
Other: Prize - 30 = Remiem Temple - Chocobo Race, Win with 4 Chests & No Pole

+ Amulet
1. Mix Item
2. Customization:
Pickpocket: 30 Amulet

Buy: N/A
Sell: 3,450 Gil
Steal: N/A
Drop: Stratoavis - 2,4;2,4 = Monster Arena
- Capture 1 of each fiend from Besaid Island
Bribe: Tonberry - 2 (270,000 Gil) = Cavern of the Stolen Fayth (135,000)
Found: N/A
Other: N/A



---
This signature is down for maintenance, please check back later.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X
  3. Master Thief & Pick Pocket

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

  • Topic Archived