This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Where is the best area to level up right before Sin?

#1Adam90Posted 11/11/2009 8:18:16 AM
I'm trying to get Flare and also get all my aeons in overdrive before I fight Sin. Should I go to Zanarkand Ruins or to Omega Ruins? Also how do you get Ultima for LuLu, I don't see it anywhere on the sphere grid.
---
2009-2010 New York Jets: 4-4 Next: Jacksonville
#2Carlito_OPosted 11/11/2009 8:26:41 AM
Omega Ruins or the Monster arena for leveling

And Ultima I believe is directly in the middle of the sphere grid at the start of Kimarhi's path
---
Nothing beats being cool.
#3Super SlashPosted 11/11/2009 9:19:49 AM
***SPOILERS***

Don't waste your aeon's Overdrives on Sin; he's really easy for the most part. Save them for the final boss.
---
Nu's are so pointless - Eatin_Kirby
Nu's are round so of course they are pointless. - BDza
#4Dreamer7542Posted 11/11/2009 10:18:43 AM
You can use your Aeon's overdrives on Sin if you wish; just make sure you build them back up before you get too far into Sin; although truth be told, you probably don't want to use your Aeons against the first boss within Sin - he does have the ability to dismiss your Aeons.

As for the best area to level up before Sin, it really depends on how far you're willing to go; if you've captured enough monsters for the Monster Arena to have Don Tonberry, that method is the quickest. If not, the Omega Ruins/Inside Sin areas may be the best.

---
To dream the undreamable... to have hope when otherwise all is lost...
To fight on even when you have no strength left... That is me...
#5WingBowlMVPPosted 11/11/2009 10:52:59 AM
If you just want to level up Carlito was right Omega and the monster arena are the place to do it.....but....

spoiler

another idea might be get everyone's best weapon, unlock there full potential...this is time consuming but this makes the the ending simple...they give you such an edge especially if you level up the sphere grid while you go through everything you need to do to get them. I was doing over 60,000+ per hit the first time I fought Sin and Yu Yevon.

Getting the best weapons (fully unlocked) also helps if you want to kill every possible monster in the monster arena.
---
flaming trolls are predictable creatures
#6stupac85Posted 11/11/2009 12:54:07 PM
Getting the Celestial Weapons before fighting Sin is not advisable if this is your first playthrough. It makes that boss fight and everything inside Sin too easy, thus robbing it of the "epic final dungeon" type of atmosphere that it's intended to have.
---
This is no time to be arguing about time! We don't have the time!
# of people who know the movie and character that quote is from: 13
#7TaterzzPosted 11/11/2009 2:24:59 PM
i personally use zanarkand ruins to get my main 3 (usually auron, tidus and wakka) to the damage limit, get their celestials, and then go to town in omega ruins. this way you gain all the lv2 and 3 key spheres you'll need leaving you only needing the lv 4 keys.
---
You just lost the game.