This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good spot to grind?

#1DOA22Posted 8/19/2010 11:35:34 AM
I'm not too far into the game, heading to Macalania Temple at the moment. Any recommended grinding spots? Just want to get my main party to learn some new abilities. I'm using Khimari, Auron, and either Lulu or Yuna.
#2verikukkoPosted 8/19/2010 11:36:16 AM
Lake macalania. Very good place, I usually stay there for 3-4hours
---
youtube.com/verikukko
#3DOA22(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2010 2:47:25 PM
argh, i went ahead and just got done fighting seymour XD epic fight! but i'm definitely gonna train up for a while now lol.
#4JoloStukiPosted 8/20/2010 12:59:40 AM
Actually, no. There are no real stand-out grinding spots in this game.

Basically, since you can heal to full at any save-point, every place in the game is a 'good spot to grind'.

It just depends which boss you're having trouble with really. Even if a boss is causing you some grief, Aeons and Overdrives will make short work of it.

---
You cannot appeal or dispute moderations if you have abused the system in the past.
#5CoontemptusPosted 8/20/2010 1:16:23 AM
You'd be much better off consulting a strategy guide if you're having trouble with a specific boss. There is virtually no reason to grind in this game, every boss can be easily defeated with the proper strategy and no preparation in a standard game where you are leveling up your characters.
---
I do not wish to have a signature.
#6verikukkoPosted 8/20/2010 1:30:48 AM
"You'd be much better off consulting a strategy guide if you're having trouble with a specific boss. There is virtually no reason to grind in this game, every boss can be easily defeated with the proper strategy and no preparation in a standard game where you are leveling up your characters."

Very very very very very very bad advice. Ban this guy or something. He's some nerd who looks at guides to complete games and takes out 99,99% of the fun off. Seriously, if that message isn't gonna be deleted by a moderator or something then something in here is seriously wrong.
---
youtube.com/verikukko
#7DOA22(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2010 11:19:43 AM
dead @ Coontemptus' reply

i think you guys are right, pretty much any spot is a good place to grind. i'm not necessarily trying to get god like stats this early in the game, i just want my characters to learn new and stronger abilities.
#8JoloStukiPosted 8/20/2010 11:46:54 AM
Very very very very very very bad advice. Ban this guy or something. He's some nerd who looks at guides to complete games and takes out 99,99% of the fun off. Seriously, if that message isn't gonna be deleted by a moderator or something then something in here is seriously wrong.

Overreact much? Ban a poster for suggesting reading the FAQs? Do you not know what this site was designed for?

If everybody felt that the 'fun' of games was just figuring it out for themselves (even though I agree with you), this site wouldn't exist.

I seriously hope you're being sarcastic, because that was facepalm-worthy.

---
You cannot appeal or dispute moderations if you have abused the system in the past.
#9Zhou14Posted 8/20/2010 2:07:12 PM

I... don't know what to say. So, do you find 'fun', then, in grinding for hours in order to keep up with a game that would normally demand a modicum of strategy? In that case, why don't you acknowledge that people find gaming 'fun' using different methods?
---
"If you think about Aerith's role in FFVII, it makes more sense to call her "I Earth" and not "I Ears."" - gmorris7897
#10TiggerArmyPosted 8/20/2010 2:16:45 PM
it's a war against a terrible creature. it's not supposed to be fun!