This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Voice actors of FFX

#1Chocobo_KingPosted 7/14/2011 8:41:43 PM
Gah, I nostalgia'd hard. ;_____;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK2eIX6egWQ&feature=related

I love how he mentions the laughing scene. xD

There's one for Yuna, too. If anyone knows where to view the others (if they exist), I would love to get some links.
---
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
#2GoukiAkujikiPosted 7/14/2011 10:03:07 PM
Worst VA of the main cast.
#3atakdougPosted 7/15/2011 1:20:38 PM
After watching that video I hate Tidus even more than before, because I realize the voice actor isn't a kid so there's really no excuse for his voice acting.
#4thetrueoskarPosted 7/15/2011 1:32:25 PM
I always thought the guy deliberately made him sound like a whiny ***** at the start, because he was this pampered all star sports prodigy, and then as he goes around the world, he gets more experienced and changes. 'Cause, nearer to the end, he sounds totally different. Also, in that opening cutscene, when he's flashing everyone back.
---
thetrueoskar-Yeah... she tolerated me a couple times a day.
Xshu-I don't care for that phrasing.
#5SentaPosted 7/15/2011 3:31:44 PM
The guy did a fine job voicing Tidus. Made him sound exactly how you should expect someone to sound in that situation.
#6jakezing33Posted 7/15/2011 3:46:55 PM
Senta posted...
The guy did a fine job voicing Tidus. Made him sound exactly how you should expect someone to sound in that situation.

go listen to the japanese one sometime
---
xbox live: ssteiner209
steam: Jakezing
#7SentaPosted 7/15/2011 3:53:20 PM
^^ Listening to the Japanese voice is irrelevant to my opinion on it.
1: I am not Japanese, therefore I don't know each little nuance in a voice that can lean toward one emotion or another.

2: Again, I am not Japanese, nor do I live in Japan. Thus, I do not know the emotional levels that is the norm for reactions in the country. What sounds good to me in Japanese could be sub-par to those who speak and hear it everyday.

Now, since I am American, grew up speaking and hearing English, it is my opinion he did a perfectly fine job on voicing the character for the localization we received over here, and that I played.
#8Chocobo_King(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2011 4:03:10 PM
I liked (well, more like accepted) Tidus' bratgrowsup voice. Seemed right to me. v.v
---
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
#9chrombotPosted 7/15/2011 4:16:59 PM
He does a great job as obi-wan on clone wars.
#10Peter_19Posted 7/15/2011 4:31:25 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]