This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Let's face it, SE decided to remaster this game just because

#1cidentrulesPosted 9/14/2011 11:15:29 AM
It's the 10th anniversary and this game happened to be FF10.

The truth is, the majority of the fans are disappointed it's not a remastered version of FF6,8, or 9.

And it's a heart breaker that the news isn't about a FF7 Remake.

~desu~
---
"The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think. "
#2Thalandor46Posted 9/14/2011 11:19:33 AM
I think you're missing the point. Yes, the game is celebrating it's 10th anniversary, but the reason they're remaking X instead of a PS era game is most likely because it's substantially easier. Up the resolution, make it widescreen, insert some hi res textures, and bam, remake complete. They couldn't get away with that for a PS game, and they would have to completely remake all of their assets. I for one am not disappointed by any aspect of this news.
---
"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a man two fish, and he'll eat for two days."
#3ferdk16Posted 9/14/2011 11:25:40 AM(edited)
the psx era can't be "remastered". It has to be remade from scratch. The resources needed for such a task are ridiculous for the profit it may get (yes, even FF7, despite fans thinking it would be a cashcow).

If you look closely, you'll realize other companies are "remastering" some PS2 titles as well (GoW, Team ICO Collection, upcoming MGS), and the latter one skips the original PSX release, because you can't just "remaster" it, they have to remake it(like they did in Twin Snakes, but made by other people so they won't use that ofc).

as for FF VI, unless you're referring to a handheld remake, ala FF IV, then its the same as any of the PSX era, it has to be remade from scratch. Not gonna happen.

Lastly, the "majority" of fans are dissapointed its not 6,8 or 9? Source? did you do an extensive research on this or are you just reflecting your opinion and slapping everyone else's along with yours? I very much doubt FF 6,8 and 9 fans are outnumbering FF 10 fans.
---
Latest cover: Shadow of the Colossus -Medley- [HD]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Phd8Tl4VM&hd=1
#4LitanePosted 9/14/2011 11:25:47 AM
My response to a remastered VI, VIII, or IX = big fat meh. I am much much happier with the prospect of FFX getting the treatment. FFX is a more popular game than any of them too, so don't delude yourself that fans aren't happy.
---
To call for hands from above to lean on, wouldn't be good enough for me.
#5cidentrules(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2011 11:34:14 AM
yes you guys are right, the majority of the fans prefer 6,8,or 9 remaster over 10. Go to other game boards not named ff10, go out in the street, go ask your friends.... whatever, and you get your proof.

~desu~
---
"The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think. "
#6pure mind gamesPosted 9/14/2011 12:15:22 PM(edited)

yes you guys are right, the majority of the fans prefer 6,8,or 9 remaster over 10. Go to other game boards not named ff10, go out in the street, go ask your friends.... whatever, and you get your proof.

~desu~

you get the proof, it's you who is claiming that
---
PSN: Pure_Mind_Games
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD5ET2_zExw
#7DrSickDuckPosted 9/14/2011 12:40:56 PM
It's definitely common knowledge that VII-IX are the most popular FF games, but that doesn't mean X is bad or that it doesn't deserve to be remastered. I'm personally very happy about this and will buy it day one if it's the international version.
---
i3-550@4.0Ghz -- MSI 460 Cyclone -- 8Gb G. Skill RAM -- Samsung Spinpoint F3 1Tb -- Antec TP-650 -- Lian-Li A05 -- EVGA P55 Micro
#8erict1628Posted 9/14/2011 12:45:13 PM
pure mind games posted...

~desu~
you get the proof, it's you who is claiming that

It's sad that so many people don't understand this. They usually go, "I make a claim. You have to DISPROVE my claim instead of me PROVING my claim."
#9ferdk16Posted 9/14/2011 12:51:43 PM
DrSickDuck posted...
It's definitely common knowledge that VII-IX are the most popular FF games, but that doesn't mean X is bad or that it doesn't deserve to be remastered. I'm personally very happy about this and will buy it day one if it's the international version.

I disagree. In my opinion only FF VII is more popular than X. We'll have to agree to disagree here.
---
Latest cover: Shadow of the Colossus -Medley- [HD]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Phd8Tl4VM&hd=1
#10YamiJustinPosted 9/14/2011 1:48:16 PM
Remaking VII-IX would take way to long and cost a ton of money, and for whatever reason, Square Enix is unable or unwilling to dedicate the money or manpower to remaking VII, which clearly is desired for a remake over VIII or IX. X being upgraded to HD is not that difficult or costly, and Square Enix is already in the process of developing it.