This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Evrae!!!!!

#1xthelonerxPosted 10/12/2011 3:59:26 PM
This **** of a boss just killed me when i was flipping 1 shot away from killing it 2 times in a ow.anybody got advice
#2magical_chickenPosted 10/12/2011 4:20:04 PM
Are you moving the airship away at the right time? Are your characters strong enough or do you just get unlucky towards the end of the fight?

When I first played this game, I didnt really grind while traveling. Then I got to this fight and realised that you couldn't train anymore. Several attempts later, I gave in and restarted the entire game because I just wasnt inflicting enough damage or surviving the hits taken by the stupid thing.

Came back and blitzed him after that. I used Lulu, Wakka and switched between Tidus and Auron for his big hits when he was close.
---
Welcome to GameFAQs, where having an opinion is a declaration of war.
#3ZantesuskenPosted 10/12/2011 4:45:54 PM
magical_chicken posted...
Are you moving the airship away at the right time? Are your characters strong enough or do you just get unlucky towards the end of the fight?

When I first played this game, I didnt really grind while traveling. Then I got to this fight and realised that you couldn't train anymore. Several attempts later, I gave in and restarted the entire game because I just wasnt inflicting enough damage or surviving the hits taken by the stupid thing.

Came back and blitzed him after that. I used Lulu, Wakka and switched between Tidus and Auron for his big hits when he was close.

There are random encounters in the Airship, one thing this game always did was leave you a way to train.

Back on topic, Evrae's attack pattern till around 12000 Hp is this- Attack-Attack-Inhale-Poison Breath. When he inhales, that's when you move back. After it is targeted some(7?) times, the attack will change to Stone Gaze. Al Bhed potions are useful if you have any from Bikanel. After 12000ish HP Evrae will use haste and continue with it's attack pattern.

I hope that info helps.
#4silly_sausagePosted 10/12/2011 4:54:15 PM
I must have grinded like hell, because I had enough gil to toss at him to inflict 9999 damage.
---
John Lennon, 1940 - (Infinite Symbol)
#5xthelonerx(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2011 5:17:28 PM
I beat him. I just grinded for like 5 sphere levels per character then used slowga and it was alottttt easier. Thanks for the help
#6HayanNinjaPosted 10/19/2011 10:47:16 PM
In this game, strategy will often take you a lot further than grinding will. For example, Evrae is vunerable to both Darkness (meaning his physical will rarely hit you) and Power Break (meaning if it hits, it will only do half the damage). If you've taught someone other than Yuna it, you can also cast Reflect on him, making him unable to Haste himself (note that his attack pattern will still change at that point as normal). This doesn't really put you at much of a disadvantage, as magic is quite ineffective against Evrae anyway.
---
XBox Live: whiteninja370. Add me if you play Tekken 6! =D
Mainly use Alisa, also sometimes use Xiaoyu, Hwoarang or Julia
#7Skeletal_KingPosted 10/22/2011 10:40:00 AM
Zantesusken posted...
After 12000ish HP Evrae will use haste and continue with it's attack pattern.

Just to point out... If you hit him with Slow, he'll counter with Haste. So never Slow him.
---
http://backloggery.com/kodan882 <- Anything I'm currently playing
#8zzanmatoPosted 10/22/2011 1:12:02 PM
What do you mean with "never Slow him"? It's perfectly fine to Slow him before the Haste phase, since he will not counter it then. He does counter Delay Attack/Buster with Haste, though.

After Evrae has use Haste, he will counter Slow with Haste. You can, however, still delay his next attack with Delay Attack / Buster.
---
"We've got no clues about the perp. We don't even have a sus because the sec with a mo's got a perf al."