This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The ending *spoilers*

#1XGP15A226Posted 4/25/2012 8:36:36 PM
Seared into my brain. One of the first game endings to choke me up. All late at night with beers and whatnot.

Still all O_O. Yuna's monologue is a 10/10 :D.
#2LousStevensPosted 4/25/2012 9:04:02 PM
I still dont know if Tidus is actually a real person. do you know?
---
Death is never the answer. Life is. - Galioth
#3ZelosRainePosted 4/25/2012 9:49:23 PM
What's really nice is all the side junk that distracts you. The player is so busy feeling smug in figuring out Auron is an unsent about half way through they likely forget to question good old Tidus.
---
"We can't let Pascal and Richard talk anymore. It's much too dangerous." Cheria, Tales of Graces
#4ImbackhahahahaPosted 4/25/2012 10:08:01 PM

Yes and no. Tidus was a real person. He lived in Zanarkand and was killed when Yu Yevon destroyed Zanarkand. The Tidus in FFX is a dream of the fayth. A large amount of fayth gathered and dreamed of Zanarkand, Reviving the Zanarkand that was and keeping it alive. Tidus came from that Zanarkand to modern Spira.
---
A_dsouz "How do i know if, say, +4 is significant or not compared to +6."
digitalwill2000 "6 is bigger than 4"
#5jakezing33Posted 4/25/2012 10:14:08 PM
My understanding if tidus is vaguely based on Shuyin, but hes a dream based on something from a thousand years ago, it's obvious progression happens in DZ, given kids can be born
---
Currently Playing: Europa Universalis III, Final Fantasy XIII-2 & Chrono Trigger DS
Xbox: Ssteiner209 | Steam: jakezing
#6LousStevensPosted 4/26/2012 4:22:45 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7falconesquePosted 4/26/2012 6:49:23 AM
Play FFX-2. Nutshell version (massive simplification, to say the very least): The dream summoning drew upon the real memories of real people. In FFX, the fayth told Tidus he'd become more than a dream and FFX-2 kinda runs with that.
---
Guides & other contributions: http://www.esque.com/slr/gamefaqs/
FFX, FFXII, KH, KH Re:CoM, KH2, Okage: Shadow King
#8HakPosted 4/26/2012 8:05:09 AM
Tidus is an aeon (or part of one anyway). So he's as real as the summons are.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#9MakoChanXPosted 4/29/2012 4:55:50 AM
Imbackhahahaha posted...
Yes and no. Tidus was a real person. He lived in Zanarkand and was killed when Yu Yevon destroyed Zanarkand. The Tidus in FFX is a dream of the fayth. A large amount of fayth gathered and dreamed of Zanarkand, Reviving the Zanarkand that was and keeping it alive. Tidus came from that Zanarkand to modern Spira.

Not quite, Tidus is the Fayth's version of Shuyin. After Sin destroyed Zanarkand, the Fayth tried to create all the people that had died, and preserve them in a dream.

So basically, Shuyin was a real person, Tidus was a dream of the Fayth, based on him.
---
Watch and you'll see, some day I'll be, part of your world.
#10ChaosNPosted 4/29/2012 5:44:04 AM
But Tidus cann not be a memory from Shuyin dreamed by the Fayth. He was born in Dream Zanarkand, he is a product of other dreams who are also born from other dreams. The original citizens are no longer "alive" there.
However, it is possible that the Fayth just remember some people from the original Zanarkand 1000 years ago over and over and recycle them every once in a while due to limited memories. Hence, other versions of Shuyin were also reborn and died. And Tidus is the newest version. Otherwise, it makes no sense.
---
Final Fantasy X PAL+ v1.1 videos on my channel:
http://www.youtube.com/ChaosN