This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ending questions -MEGASPOILERS-

#41Duke DarkwoodPosted 7/3/2012 9:21:17 AM
Well, he could just be trying to make small talk.

Alternately, it could be that his perception abilities as Sin are a bit skewed - how do you really tell if an ant is bigger than it used to be, right? In the final confrontation, Jecht manifests in the form he held when he was human, to talk to Tidus.

Last possibility is that, even if he was able to tell even as Sin, he could hardly communicate the fact to Tidus at that time. That was the first time they could talk, face to face.
---
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann
#42ferdk16Posted 7/3/2012 11:11:31 AM
Duke, I was about to post exactly those 3 reasons. Damn XD
---
Latest cover: World Revolution -Battle with Lavos- (Chrono Trigger) [HD]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-RPiJ125d0
#43Joinho(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2012 2:38:05 PM
Sin is one hell of a ugly beast. He has like one hundred eyes that spins simulteneously in different directions.

But i don't think he could have seen Tidus exactly, he just felt it was him and transported him. That's my opinion.
#44erict1628Posted 7/5/2012 1:46:38 PM(edited)
Joinho posted...
I was wondering, why Jecht became so surprised when he saw Tidus ("you've grown so much but you're all bones" or something like that) if he contiously carried his son all over Spira?

You're under the wrong impression that Dream Zanarkand was on Sin's head. Sin does not continuously carry Tidus all over Spira. As stated, Dream Zanarkand physically exists near Baaj Temple. It's not being carried by Sin. What you see on Sin's head is not Dream Zanarkand.
---
Cal Bears, VIK Vasteras HK, Vasteras SK, Man Utd, L.A. Lakers, S.F. 49ers, San Jose Sharks, L.A. Dodgers
#45Joinho(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2012 2:52:40 PM
erict1628 posted...
Joinho posted...
I was wondering, why Jecht became so surprised when he saw Tidus ("you've grown so much but you're all bones" or something like that) if he contiously carried his son all over Spira?

You're under the wrong impression that Dream Zanarkand was on Sin's head. Sin does not continuously carry Tidus all over Spira. As stated, Dream Zanarkand physically exists near Baaj Temple. It's not being carried by Sin. What you see on Sin's head is not Dream Zanarkand.

No that's not my impression. It's just that, in my count, Sin carried Tidus at least three times to a different place. DZ to Baaj temple, then between the Al-Bhed boat to Besaid, and then from that icy lake to the desert.

I don't think this story has holes, but many things where not explained. An i'm glad they didn't.
#46erict1628Posted 7/6/2012 1:13:18 AM
Joinho posted...
No that's not my impression. It's just that, in my count, Sin carried Tidus at least three times to a different place. DZ to Baaj temple, then between the Al-Bhed boat to Besaid, and then from that icy lake to the desert.

I don't think this story has holes, but many things where not explained. An i'm glad they didn't.

You said continuously, then you listed 3 instances, one of which barely counts since DZ is very close to Baaj Temple.
---
Cal Bears, VIK Vasteras HK, Vasteras SK, Man Utd, L.A. Lakers, S.F. 49ers, San Jose Sharks, L.A. Dodgers
#47Joinho(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2012 11:20:10 AM
Either way, we can never know how exactly Sin transported Tidus and why. Maybe he was just stick to it's large body, maybe the creature just grabbed him or maybe tossed him into the air. And if was contious or not, we'll never know. But it'll be much coincidence since it transported him more than just once and didn't killed him.
#48Duke DarkwoodPosted 7/6/2012 2:03:16 PM
Judging from the fact that Sin seems capable only of transporting DZ people and the unsent - and judging by the visual effects seen near the intro - it could be a sort of "transporter" effect. Reducing them to their constituent pyreflies and dropping them off somewhere else.

But! There is a flaw in this. It works for getting TIdus out of DZ... it works for getting Auron in, and back out... and it probably works for gettng Tidus from Baaj to Besaid.... but there is one other very notable transport:

Macalania to Bikanel.

This took the entire team, 5/7 of which were living, physical people. This one, at least, had to be a physical transport. At least for those five, if not all seven.

It is also the most long-distance transport that Sin has done in the game.

The possibility that comes to mind is that the "pyrefly transporter" examples are short range because they take special effort. The third case would just be a matter of carrying them from one place to the other (but would probably be taking on Jecht's concentration to do so safely - then again, IF pyrefly transport takes more energy, it would make sense that it would exhaust his concentration faster).

Maybe the Ultimania says something about this, because that case - Lake Macalania to Bikanel Island - stands out as an oddity in the logical inferences I've been using so far in this thread. It caused me to have to come up with an explanation on top of and apart from the explanations that were built on those logical deductions. And having to make extra explanations is not a good sign.

So, anyone got any info from the Ultimania here?
---
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann