This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any Christians here who play FF X?

#141jakezing33Posted 7/15/2012 10:23:48 AM
good lord will you people just shut up.

This isn't even about final fantasy anymore
---
Currently Playing: Medieval II/Rome Total War Gold, Final Fantasy XIII-2 & Chrono Trigger DS
Xbox: Ssteiner209 | Steam: jakezing
#142pure mind gamesPosted 7/15/2012 11:49:09 AM

Then stop coming into the topic, problem solved.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oczhGNevlCk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC6TYdw9b3Q
#143jakezing33Posted 7/15/2012 12:03:02 PM
pure mind games posted...

-looks at this board-

religion board?

Nope, FFX board.

notice the issue here love?
---
Currently Playing: Medieval II/Rome Total War Gold, Final Fantasy XIII-2 & Chrono Trigger DS
#144pure mind gamesPosted 7/15/2012 1:52:58 PM

-looks at this board-

religion board?

Nope, FFX board.

Nope, just sounds like you're opposed to topics moving on, my point still stands, if you stop coming in there's nothing for you to throw tantrum over.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oczhGNevlCk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC6TYdw9b3Q
#145jakezing33Posted 7/15/2012 2:04:30 PM

-looks at this board-

religion board?

Nope, FFX board.

Nope, just sounds like you're opposed to topics moving on, my point still stands, if you stop coming in there's nothing for you to throw tantrum over.

"you're opposed to topics moving on"

Yes because, you know, on a board dedicated solely to FFX, topics naturally should stop talking about it, right?
---
#146jubeik9Posted 7/15/2012 2:18:38 PM
Mikey_R posted...
jubeik9 posted...
personally, for me, i can't comprehend the universe being created without some "god"-esque entity. So due to lack of scientific evidence, I would THINK such an entity existed if I had to guess..

Alot of people make the claim of, 'Science doesn't know, therefore God.'

Just because Science doesn't know now, doesn't mean it won't know in the future. Science is always learning, whereas God is just in someone's imagination to fill the blanks. When Science fill in the blanks, God will have less and less holes to try and fill.

I'm not saying I'm right or wrong or believe in the entity I described. What I mean is... like, my mind can't comprehend any other way of this universe being made except from a "Supreme Architect" as deists would describe. If I had to choose one philosophy on this subject, if I HAD to make a choice, deism makes the most sense to me.

But I'm agnostic. Realize that I wasn't saying I believed that or hold it as truth, only that it makes the most sense to me.
---
because we separate like ripples on a blank shore
#147jubeik9Posted 7/15/2012 2:33:25 PM
ferdk16 posted...
As Neil deGrasse Tyson put it: "God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance that's getting smaller and smaller and smaller as time goes on"

@jubeik:
personally, for me, i can't comprehend the universe being created without some "god"-esque entity. So due to lack of scientific evidence, I would THINK such an entity existed if I had to guess.

I'd like to hear how you "comprehend" that such a god could come from nothing, but not the universe.

Serious question here, not being condescening nor sarcastic. Genuinely curious to hear your reasoning.

That's exactly where my reasoning comes from. I can't comprehend how the universe could come from nothing, so it makes more sense than any other theory I've come across that a "supreme architect" created the universe. I can't go any further (how such a god could come from nothing). You insinuate that it's hypocritical to claim that a god could come from nothing, but not the universe, but I'm not sure. Maybe it is. Maybe there is no such thing as the "nothing" and the supreme architect is everything and is synonymous with the universe. Maybe maybe maybe maybe. The supreme architect idea takes me as far as I can possibly reason.

And again I don't hold anything I said as truth, it's just what makes the most sense to me.
---
#148jakezing33Posted 7/15/2012 2:39:35 PM
jubeik9 posted...
ferdk16 posted...
As Neil deGrasse Tyson put it: "God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance that's getting smaller and smaller and smaller as time goes on"

@jubeik:
personally, for me, i can't comprehend the universe being created without some "god"-esque entity. So due to lack of scientific evidence, I would THINK such an entity existed if I had to guess.

I'd like to hear how you "comprehend" that such a god could come from nothing, but not the universe.

Serious question here, not being condescening nor sarcastic. Genuinely curious to hear your reasoning.

That's exactly where my reasoning comes from. I can't comprehend how the universe could come from nothing, so it makes more sense than any other theory I've come across that a "supreme architect" created the universe. I can't go any further (how such a god could come from nothing). You insinuate that it's hypocritical to claim that a god could come from nothing, but not the universe, but I'm not sure. Maybe it is. Maybe there is no such thing as the "nothing" and the supreme architect is everything and is synonymous with the universe. Maybe maybe maybe maybe. The supreme architect idea takes me as far as I can possibly reason.

And again I don't hold anything I said as truth, it's just what makes the most sense to me.

you remind me of Ietsisme
---
#149jubeik9Posted 7/15/2012 2:41:53 PM
jakezing33 posted...
jubeik9 posted...
ferdk16 posted...

@jubeik:

you remind me of Ietsisme

and you remind me of a guy who complains about a topic not being about ffx but still contributes to it. :)
---
#150Mikey_RPosted 7/15/2012 2:43:55 PM
That is a big misconception, the Universe did not come from nothing. It came from a singularity which is far from nothing. All of time and space compressed into a single point, no mass, just energy.

Also, nothing doesn't technically exist, there is always something there.

I know it can be hard to comprehend, but that's how it is.
---
http://s7.zetaboards.com/Burnin_Rubber/index/