The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what post 2007 game comes close to the beautiful plot of this game?

#1droid_killerPosted 8/18/2012 11:57:01 AM
No games from the 7th generation of consoles (2007 onward) ever had such an intriguing story mixed with great music. The atmosphere of this game was just way different than any games recently released.

Just felt a little nostalgia, when I plugged this in my old PS2 and got it to work.
---
Birth by Sleep-ing together
#2bucketheadsman1Posted 8/18/2012 1:27:15 PM
Eh games are getting kinda stale. Lots of games draw from successful ones in the past, but nothing can really top classics.
---
He was mortal once... as were we all.
#3-GhosT-Posted 8/18/2012 1:47:56 PM(edited)
I somewhat agree to this statement, I remember how well-crafted FF games from the 1994-2002 era were. Nowadays games like Skyrim try to incorporate as much Lore as they can in their games, but fail at making it interactive and intuitive. They just fill the blanks everywhere with books and hundreds of unimportant NPC's filling you in with the blandest of info.

It's incredibly hard to make a storyline and develop it so that players can immerse themselves in the game and want to dig deeper. Nowadays developers aim for graphics and gameplay, and fail to mix it with a fully functioning world and memorable moments. You don't get that feeling of things moving towards a climax because of your characters, and when you do, it doesn't develop the story nearly as well as it could. Wondrous cutscenes with huge battles ensuing have been replaced by ... Quick Time Events and mash-the-buttons gameplay.

Looking back since 2007, I don't really have a single RPG in mind that comes close. I don't know what year Lost Odyssey came out in, but that was something that was on a similar scale.

Some of the memories of the hero were told in such a touching fashion, I felt like his immortality was treated in the most beautiful way ever told. Some of the stories nearly got tears outta my eyes and I'm not a sensitive person. xD
---
I'm A Man of Principles, Damn Near Invincible
#4YonKitoTaoshibePosted 8/18/2012 2:16:12 PM
bucketheadsman1 posted...
Eh games are getting kinda stale. Lots of games draw from successful ones in the past, but nothing can really top classics.

the truth and the stake in the heart of my gamer's soul. Each year it beats harder, drawing the stake in deeper and deeper. I don't see my little habit enduring another 5 years.
---
"...Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit..." Matthew 28:19
#5Skull_proPosted 8/18/2012 10:53:46 PM
bucketheadsman1 posted...

Have you played Tales of the Abyss? Asside from the bosses being repetitive, I find it's story to be better than FFX. Not hating on FFX (I have the game, and will likely buy the Vita Version) But I've seen a couple of ''younger'' JRPGs with better story.
---
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff266/NeoArashi/wtf.jpg Look! I can make a post AFTER the last post!!!!!
#6trinityEDGEPosted 8/19/2012 12:10:13 AM
NiER for the 360 and PS3. I hold FFX's story in high regard, but NiER just tops it in most ways.
#7kuro-shinigamiPosted 8/19/2012 4:51:41 AM
trinityEDGE posted...
NiER for the 360 and PS3. I hold FFX's story in high regard, but NiER just tops it in most ways.

NIER's story was good but some of the side quests were annoying, like crossbreeding crops for the moonblossom seed side-quest.
---
What can Hope do for you? ~
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn270/hikamitz/yunope.png
#8HayanNinjaPosted 8/19/2012 4:54:08 AM
Angry Birds.
---
My RMVXA Project, Legends of an Otherworld: Curse of Saria (6-8hr gameplay demo now available!)
http://www.facebook.com/loaocos Official Facebook Page
#9ValorZraykPosted 8/19/2012 8:41:03 PM
The World Ends With You has the best story in any video game. If you have a 3DS/DS buy it.
---
Creating a big whale that brings the world to its knees has always been considered evil. -barreltheif referencing FFX Sin.
#10GrabacrLeaderPosted 8/19/2012 9:59:00 PM
Valkyria Chronicles, great music and story.