This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Too difficult?

#1EpicCarbunklPosted 9/6/2012 10:58:06 PM
I don't know why I'm having such a difficult time with this game. Every other FF I've played (I-IX, XIII) have all been pretty easy to complete. I've seen tons of people say this is the easiest FF game out of all of them, yet I'm having a hard time with it. I've made it pretty far into the game, I'm at Seymour Flux. However, I've just stopped at a dead end here. I think there's a lot of gameplay choices that I've messed up on, though. I've completely ignored Kimarhi, ignored Wakka until very recently, and ignored Rikku up until Defender X. The regular monsters are already posing a bit of a challenge, or don't give enough AP, so I can't really grind. I've been thinking about just restarting the game altogether, and making sure that my whole team is strong (except Kimarhi). I'm not exactly sure whether or not I should do that, though. What do you think I should do?
#2TalgrundPosted 9/6/2012 11:14:42 PM
Ha, the same thing happened to me too this past week. Hadn't played it since 2002, so I was just rushing through it mostly using Tidus Flee ability. Started over and made sure to cycle characters for AP, definitely far less frustrating now.

Kimahri isn't that bad if you find -strike weapons along the way. Or use the 2 lvl 1 keyspheres on mi'hen highroad to unlock Rikku's path for Steal/Use.
#3YipkenduPosted 9/7/2012 12:49:09 AM
At that point Wakka is as heavy a hitter as Auron, Attack Reels does STUPID amounts of damage, and he's faster than half the cast.

Kimahri with Steal/Use and Rikku's grid hits for ok damage and gets a lot of turns. If anything, he and Rikku are the best healers with Al Bhed potion spam, and more turns than a lot of the cast. 2 Stealers is infinitely useful all game, too.

I hear people always say you should only focus on 3 characters, so it's probably doable with whoever you have as long as you haven't been escaping fights. Charge everyone's overdrives before going in and blow him up, along with Aeons.

Characters you've ignored can easily catch back up too.
---
Brawl FC: 0387-9927-8684 Brawl Name: Sai
GFWL Tag: Yipkendu
#4YipkenduPosted 9/7/2012 12:51:59 AM
...If enemies are too troublesome to farm right now, try going back an earlier area. I don't remember if you couldn't for some reason, so sorry if that's not helpful.

I know I'd rather grind for an hour or two than restart over 35 hours of gameplay.
---
#5ZasFFPosted 9/7/2012 2:01:45 AM
You can also start the monster capturing sidequest. Capturing every monster in Calm Lands will reward you with 60 Farplane Winds. Use these to make a Deathstrike weapon. This will make killing monsters and leveling up a lot easier. If you are not bored you can also go all the way back to Djose Highroad and steal 60 Petrify Grenades from Basilisks (or you can also capture the monsters there to get 99 of them). Use these to make a stonestrike weapon. With these two weapons you can kill instantly almost every fiend, making grinding a lot faster and easier.

Or, if you don't mind breaking the game, you can go to Remiem temple and do the chocobo racing minigame. Open three chests and finish first to get 30 Wings to Discovery. Using these with Rikku's Mix casts Trio of 9999, making all your hits worth 9999 dmg. However using this takes the fun out of the boss battles IMO. Use that only if you are desperate, or if you don't care.
---
Constantly playing: Final Fantasy X
#6drclaeysPosted 9/7/2012 3:37:17 AM
Friends,

Everyone finds this tough. Sey flux is a step up.

Once I get my capture weapons, I go backwards in the game. I go to all the areas I have visited before. I try to get 10 of each. This way you have a goal, its not like mindless grinding. If you go to all the areas you have been to, it might take you like 3 to 6 hours to catch all 10 of every monster. some are kinda rare, it seems, or just bad luck at respawn rates.

With these new levels, and equipment. It should push you over the top. I also use yuna and her summons with over drives filled for these type of boss fights. Yuna's stats reflect in some of the stats in some of her summons, so a tougher yuna, and she has tougher summons.

I find the beginning of this game hard too. But with hours of grinding, It gets easy.

Please dont give up on this great and Classic game.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan.
#7Fade2black001Posted 9/7/2012 4:40:44 AM
drclaeys posted...
Friends,

Everyone finds this tough. Sey flux is a step up.

Once I get my capture weapons, I go backwards in the game. I go to all the areas I have visited before. I try to get 10 of each. This way you have a goal, its not like mindless grinding. If you go to all the areas you have been to, it might take you like 3 to 6 hours to catch all 10 of every monster. some are kinda rare, it seems, or just bad luck at respawn rates.

With these new levels, and equipment. It should push you over the top. I also use yuna and her summons with over drives filled for these type of boss fights. Yuna's stats reflect in some of the stats in some of her summons, so a tougher yuna, and she has tougher summons.

I find the beginning of this game hard too. But with hours of grinding, It gets easy.

Please dont give up on this great and Classic game.

Classic?!? What are you smoking? The game is not nearly old enough to be called a classic.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#8pure mind gamesPosted 9/7/2012 4:44:53 AM
Classic?!? What are you smoking? The game is not nearly old enough to be called a classic.

In the Gaming Industry it is. Just like you have a Classic PC if it's over 5 months old.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oczhGNevlCk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC6TYdw9b3Q
#9Fade2black001Posted 9/7/2012 5:06:35 AM
pure mind games posted...

In the Gaming Industry it is. Just like you have a Classic PC if it's over 5 months old.

Now I really want some the stuff you're smoking man.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#10YipkenduPosted 9/7/2012 12:02:05 PM
Fade2black001 posted...
pure mind games posted...

Now I really want some the stuff you're smoking man.

Definition of classic according to Google Dictionary:

Judged over a period of time to be of the highest quality and outstanding of its kind.

This is an unforgettable game that came out over 10 years ago on a console that has been dead for about 5 years. It's considered by a lot of people to be really good, in comparison to other PS2 and/or Final Fantasy titles.

I think it fits the bill pretty well.
---