This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is this a glitch?

#1bolt_thundaraPosted 9/11/2012 7:31:25 PM
I haven't played this in awhile and thought I'd give it another go. I just got to Mi'hen Highroad and am doing some xp grinding before the summoner duel. I just noticed while using Yuna's aeons to solo battle for Yuna xp, that some enemies literally can not attack Valefor. So far the only one is the Dual Horn there. No matter what action you take against it, it simply sits there. I'm assuming this is a lack of attack animation glitch. And by that I mean Dual Horn wasn't programmed with an attack animation for attacking a flying character. Anybody else encountered this?
---
WTF did you expect going to the mall to pick up hotties? Creeper. ... Get her to put out.- josefrees
#2YipkenduPosted 9/11/2012 7:57:07 PM
It's not about lacking an animation against flying characters, but simply the fact that most ground enemies can't attack flying ones. You know, because, they just can't reach.

It's pretty much the same thing that happens to your own characters against flyers, but taken to an extreme.

Bigger ground enemies can hit him, though.
---
Brawl FC: 0387-9927-8684 Brawl Name: Sai
GFWL Tag: Yipkendu
#3pbirdmanPosted 9/12/2012 5:56:58 AM
Easy answer answer is that the enemy is programmed NOT to attack Valefor
Animation is just the same against everyone else and it is no Glitch

Interesting though how Mindy always cops for the attacks even though shes a flyer
Including Earthquake - she ain't on the ground but still get damaged

They seem to only favour Valefor
---
My UCG: http://www.scribd.com/doc/86352624/FFX-Ultimate-Companion-Guide-v1-0
My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ppbirdman
#4falconesquePosted 9/12/2012 7:51:18 AM
Mindy has two very humanoid legs and actually stands on them now and again. And she hovers more than flies. Not a big a stretch. :j

SE went on to make similar delineations in the KH series, including a very pronounced effect that a player must take into consideration in Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories. Even there, if you knock usually unhittable fliers out of the sky, an earthquake can hit and damage them.
---
Guides and other contributions: http://www.esque.com/slr/gamefaqs/
FFX, FFXII, KH, KH Re:CoM, KH2, Okage: Shadow King, Secret Agent Clank
#5bolt_thundara(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2012 9:24:00 AM
falconesque posted...
Mindy has two very humanoid legs and actually stands on them now and again. And she hovers more than flies. Not a big a stretch. :j

SE went on to make similar delineations in the KH series, including a very pronounced effect that a player must take into consideration in Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories. Even there, if you knock usually unhittable fliers out of the sky, an earthquake can hit and damage them.

Valefor also very clearly has legs, and uses them, just never as part of an attack move. I agree that it must have been intentional, however. I probably even knew this before, but forgot in the 7 years I didn't play. I do remember very clearly that Valefor is my fav summon besides Shiva, due to spam Sonic Wings against single enemies. I like Shiva better due to her MASSIVE evade. Dancer overdrive mode FTW!
---
WTF did you expect going to the mall to pick up hotties? Creeper. ... Get her to put out.- josefrees
#6cazza_mrPosted 9/12/2012 11:23:18 AM
You might like shiva for her evade just now but wait till you go up against dark shiva then you will hate her evade even with 255 acc its still possible for her to avoid your hit add in thats shes fast and hers attack can sometimes cause instant ko and youve got a hell of a fight on your hands
---
I have a medium sized fire axe buried in the small of my back, that sort of thing really puts a crimp in your day-Kryten
#7bolt_thundara(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2012 3:43:41 PM
cazza_mr posted...
You might like shiva for her evade just now but wait till you go up against dark shiva then you will hate her evade even with 255 acc its still possible for her to avoid your hit add in thats shes fast and hers attack can sometimes cause instant ko and youve got a hell of a fight on your hands

LMAO! Dark Shiva? Lol, I'm running the legit US version on an actual ps2. No worries.
---
#8Sindarin8Posted 9/12/2012 4:00:15 PM
What about Zu? He's a flying beast and *actually* descends after you kill him (left with 1 hp) and you don't need long range to hit him. What's up with that? :-)
#9bolt_thundara(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2012 4:59:59 PM
Sindarin8 posted...
What about Zu? He's a flying beast and *actually* descends after you kill him (left with 1 hp) and you don't need long range to hit him. What's up with that? :-)

You don't need long range to hit any normal enemy (although you do a few bosses). You simply have a very low chance to hit a flyer unless you are Wakka. Test it out. Have a 255 ACC character swing at some bees or birds. Easy KO's. Although IIRC, Zu is easy to hit for anybody, probably due to it's size. Ditto Garuda and other large flyers.
---
#10AruaruuPosted 9/12/2012 8:45:54 PM
Yeah. the smaller fliers avoid you more often because they are agile while the larger fliers are slower. If you think about it though it makes sense because trying to hit a bee IRL is nearly impossible (especially with thin objects) albeit it being a huge bee. also same for the small birds. Can't really compare to zu's and such though.

10 points to anyone who can decipher that.
---
OMG new pogeymanz discovered!
http://i.imgur.com/spjeJ.png