This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

international sphere grid advice

#1NoctisEternalPosted 9/25/2012 2:55:33 PM
Just started international,
and currently I'm stock piling grid lvs because I don't know what to do...
There are so many options.
I'm focusing on having everyone learn the center starting point for right now, but after that I don't have the slightest.
I don't want to have traditional characters, but I want ones that work well.

If I take Yuna down Auron's path, will she be more nerfed than if he would have done it himself?
I want maximum potential while tweaking things a bit.

Please help before my OCD mind implodes.
Any advice or anecdotes from your games may help my ultimate decisions.
#2HayanNinjaPosted 9/25/2012 3:02:23 PM
Suggestion: Don't use it. Play an NSG!
---
My RMVXA Project, Legends of an Otherworld: Curse of Saria (6-8hr gameplay demo now available!)
http://www.facebook.com/loaocos Official Facebook Page
#3NoctisEternal(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2012 3:08:15 PM
Play the NEW sphere grid, exactly what I'm doing.

;)
#4HayanNinjaPosted 9/25/2012 3:11:02 PM
It's hardly new, it came out like 10 years ago.
---
My RMVXA Project, Legends of an Otherworld: Curse of Saria (6-8hr gameplay demo now available!)
#5NoctisEternal(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2012 3:21:19 PM
Wait, wait, wait...

You mean I'm NOT playing the Ps3HD remaster that was reformatted back to the PS2 version!?!?1

Srsly though, I would still like advice relevant on what I'm trying to do. Thanks for responding to my post I guess.
#6ferdk16Posted 9/25/2012 4:27:41 PM
Yuna to Auron would probably be worst for her than for Auron (as his path is arguably the worst of all characters, he's only good at it thanks to his base stats). The side effect of that, though, is that Aeons will become quite the powerhouses, but if that's your goal you'd be much more efficient at it by sending her to Wakka's.

I honestly never go too crazy with the Expert Grid, I stick to their paths with "sidetrips" to neighbour paths. For example a bit before Yuna goes in her quest to grab Cura, there's a path that leaves you right at the -ra spells (Tier 2 elementals). Grabbing those and getting back on her path, considering her superior magic stat to Lulu, will make her considerably a more powerful offensive mage.

Another cool thing you can do is use those interjections for stat spheres, for example from Tidus' Haste there's a 2 node path to Auron's beginning grid, you can use one of those (which are empty nodes by the way) for the Strength Sphere from winning Luca's Tournament and then activate the node with both Tidus and Auron :) (while still keeping them on their respective paths). Same deal with Magic Sphere from Djose Destruction Treasure which will most likely be when Yuna is nabbing the -ra spells (then Lulu can benefit from the sphere too).
---
Latest cover: Lust SIN (Jin Kisaragi's Theme) BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger [HD]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq1EWKCKOL8
#7wanderzPosted 9/26/2012 4:07:45 AM
my advice is.. don't worry about it.. you really can't screw up.

people beat the game without ever activating a single node, hence the "No Sphere Grid" challenges..

you can get skill spheres, friend spheres, teleport spheres, return spheres... so you can jump to other locations or return to spots where you could have gone other directions.
---
i tried being serious once, in 1989.. didn't particularly care for it.. so don't expect it to happen again.
#8HayanNinjaPosted 9/26/2012 5:47:46 AM
My advice is take a s*** on the sphere grid and just play a No Sphere Grid challenge. Trust me, it's fun. And not that hard, until you get into the sidequest (and EVERYTHING except for Penance has been beaten, without Zanmato).
---
#9alt_realityPosted 9/27/2012 7:51:11 PM
Get Steal for all of the girls and Kimahri. (This means not leveling up Kimahri, Yuna, or Lulu until you have a Level 1 Key Sphere but they are more than competent until that point with their starting stats.)

Send Lulu and Yuna down Yuna's path.

Try to use +4 spheres at places where several characters can take advantage of them without having to go too far out of their way.

Getting Haste for several characters is pretty handy and doesn't mean going too far out of the way.
---
"We running out of time!" Sigurd, Typogears
#10NoctisEternal(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2012 6:40:43 PM
Thanks for the advice. I decided to take a more traditional route with most chars.
Yuna and Lulu are mostly learning the same things, while Tidus and Auron are going back and forth for useful things like the haste spells. Kimahri has picked up many different abilities, yet seems to be faring better with magic. Wakka and Rikku are on their own path for the time being.

Eventually I will have to go back through and rework a lot of things as I'm thinking about maxing stats.