This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

international sphere grid advice

#11alt_realityPosted 9/29/2012 8:17:01 AM
I hate to burst your bubble, but magic becomes obsolete in postgame. Kimahri gets piercing weapons throughout the game which you're putting to waste if you make him a mage.

Buuuut you can always make everyone do everything in the end so I guess it doesn't really matter...
---
"We running out of time!" Sigurd, Typogears
#12NoctisEternal(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 8:40:03 PM
Everyone would be doing everything. My Kimahri is actually pretty strong as well, his weapons at this point are making him even more so. He was always my least used character in previous playthroughs, so it's interesting to be using him situationally. He doesn't hit as hard as Auron or Wakka, but more than Tidus.

Question though, how does magic become obsolete post game? With perfect stats it becomes obsolete because everyone is hitting with max critical hits, that the idea?
#13HayanNinjaPosted 10/6/2012 11:36:26 PM
Because with ultimate weapons, physicals ignore defence; there is no way to do so for magic, outside of one specific magical attack (Anima's Pain) that ignores it regardless of anything. The only spell that's really of any use once you're maxed is Dispel.
---
My RMVXA Project, Legends of an Otherworld: Curse of Saria (6-8hr gameplay demo now available!)
http://www.facebook.com/loaocos Official Facebook Page