This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good place to powerlevel AP Lategame

#1KaBoom1322Posted 12/5/2012 7:12:39 AM
Hi.

Just got the airship After beating Yunalesca.

Want to know if there is a particulary good place to farm ap.
#2drclaeysPosted 12/5/2012 7:29:00 AM
Friends,

I have forgotten much of the game. But do you have your capture weapons now?

if so, I would just work backwards in the game, going to everyone place you have been. trying to get 10 of each monster. some are semi rare, some are kind a rare.

You might spend an hour getting 10 of just the hardest one. this will let you farm spheres, of many different kinds. AND you get a good outcome too.

Once you have your 10, you can fight anything in the arena, which is a great place to get more spheres, items, and exp. So its kinda of a Win-win.

Thats my take on it. Just capture stuff, and explore. good luck.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan.
#3KaBoom1322(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 7:34:11 AM
drclaeys posted...
Friends,

I have forgotten much of the game. But do you have your capture weapons now?

if so, I would just work backwards in the game, going to everyone place you have been. trying to get 10 of each monster. some are semi rare, some are kind a rare.

You might spend an hour getting 10 of just the hardest one. this will let you farm spheres, of many different kinds. AND you get a good outcome too.

Once you have your 10, you can fight anything in the arena, which is a great place to get more spheres, items, and exp. So its kinda of a Win-win.

Thats my take on it. Just capture stuff, and explore. good luck.

I bought every capture weapon before mt Gagazet i've caught a few monsters in the calm lands.

thanks for advice, i went back to yunalescas chamber and got annhilated by dark bahamut lol.
#4ferdk16Posted 12/5/2012 8:37:22 AM
Go ahead with the plot, the next area gives solid AP. I also suggest you finish the game now and grind later for the optional stuff. If you grind and do optional stuff now, when you go to kill the end bosses you'll find them too easy (since they're balanced as if you finish the storyline straight away).
---
Latest cover: Assassin's Creed III Theme [HD]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN_Et0AdLJw
#5KaBoom1322(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 8:44:53 AM
ferdk16 posted...
Go ahead with the plot, the next area gives solid AP. I also suggest you finish the game now and grind later for the optional stuff. If you grind and do optional stuff now, when you go to kill the end bosses you'll find them too easy (since they're balanced as if you finish the storyline straight away).

If you go inside Sin can you still come back out onto the airship?
#6falconesquePosted 12/5/2012 8:55:46 AM(edited)
Agreed. Go collect any easy pickings via airship searches or passwords, but play on as quickly as you can and save grinding and (most) sidequesting until you reach the final save sphere. Party members will level up every fight across the game's last expanse and maybe multiple times, depending.

You may want to go after Baaj for a No Encounters weapon drop, if you'd consider stuff like Rikku's sigil "easy pickings" with such equipped.

Edit: Yes, there are save spheres ahead from which you can return to the airship. Last is named "Tower of the Dead" so you can identify it.
---
Guides and other contributions: http://www.esque.com/slr/gamefaqs/
FFX, FFXII, KH, KH Re:CoM, KH2, Okage: Shadow King, Secret Agent Clank
#7KaBoom1322(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 9:00:24 AM
falconesque posted...
Agreed. Go collect any easy pickings via airship searches or passwords, but play on as quickly as you can and save grinding and (most) sidequesting until you reach the final save sphere. Party members will level up every fight across the game's last expanse and maybe multiple times, depending.

You may want to go after Baaj for a No Encounters weapon drop, if you'd consider stuff like Rikku's sigil "easy pickings" with such equipped.

Edit: Yes, there are save spheres ahead from which you can return to the airship. Last is named "Tower of the Dead" so you can identify it.

I already killed Gaesgaeno and didn,t get no encounters weapon drop
#8VanilleHopenPosted 12/5/2012 9:05:03 AM
Don Tonberry is the fastest way in the monster arena... you can get 99 Ap in about a minute or two....

all you need is to

a) unlock him
b)Have someone with high karma (killed a ton of enemies)
c)weapon with triple AP, AP ---->overdrive, and tripe overdrive...

just attack him with one character in the Stoic overdrive formation and put the other two in comrade (continuosly reviving your stoic character).. run when he gets to close and wah la...

there are better descriptions on here on how thats done but i just gave you the brief description.
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#9falconesquePosted 12/5/2012 10:48:42 AM
KaBoom1322 posted...
I already killed Gaesgaeno and didn,t get no encounters weapon drop

And you didn't reset to try again? Ugh, that's too bad. Call it a tip for next time; save first, then try, try again. Ghost fiends and its kin can drop such armor on occasion, or you could farm enough purifying salt items in Zanarkand Ruin's dome see the Steal, Bribe, and Equipment Remodeling FAQs for more along these lines. Or just make do, of course.

VanilleHopen posted...
all you need is ... c)weapon with triple AP, AP ---->overdrive, and tripe overdrive...

This alone will take a good investment of time. Perhaps better suited after reaching the final save sphere if that advice appeals, KaBoom1322.
---
Guides and other contributions: http://www.esque.com/slr/gamefaqs/
FFX, FFXII, KH, KH Re:CoM, KH2, Okage: Shadow King, Secret Agent Clank
#10FenriradramelkPosted 12/5/2012 7:24:31 PM
outside of the arena and abusing a certain weapon effect combination, the best places to level up are also the ones farthest along in the story...
inside sin is perhaps the best place.
Mt. Gagazet and the area around Home (the sand dunes; esp. the big worms) aren't bad either if you can't comfortably farm the final area.

Calm Lands is workable but not optimal. Anything prior to that isn't going to be worth the effort unless you absolutely cannot survive anywhere else.
---
The Sun was born, so it shall die. As we were forged we shall return.
I know in darkness I will find you, giving up inside like me.