This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How Many Times Did Sin Destroy DZ?

#1InninXIPosted 2/12/2013 12:41:43 AM
Do you suppose its a constant cycle of destroy <-> re-summon since hes programmed to destroy large gatherings of people/machina?
---
PSN: YoninXI
Fat Princess Main: "Cake Please!"
#2BBK_KidPosted 2/12/2013 12:50:47 AM
Yeah. I couldn't even begin to estimate a number. It could be 1000. It could be twice.
---
"Zach, you're a genius. Your talents are wasted in that moose hole of a state you live in."- Ray (x2)
#3MtbangerPosted 2/12/2013 4:43:17 AM
Could be once.

But I dunno, I always interpreted it that DZ is on a sort of loop, but not an identical one. That it was just dumb luck that Jecht got taken instead of killed.

Also I just kinda assumed that Tidus was the DZ summoning approximation of Shuyin, that is, they're actually the same person, just that Tidus is a (very) rough approximation of him that has changed over a thousand years.

I have no idea if any of that is valid, or downright incorrect, but it provided a link at the time that made sense to me.
#4jakezing33Posted 2/12/2013 8:54:33 AM
I assume it's probably happened before, and like with normal summonings DZ just resets, possibly with some differences due to some people being taken out on accident or something (like tidus and jecht)
---
"Have you accepted Twilight Sparkle into your life?"
"Every board is a debate board when jakezing is around!"
#5falconesquePosted 2/12/2013 9:02:15 AM
Storyline stuff. Thanks for putting "spoiler" in the topic's title next time, eh? :j

After Tidus's exodus, the fayth still dreamed of Zanarkand.

Tidus's memories are dreams within a dream. Recall Auron's words on his preference for Spira's reality. Bit of a disservice to weigh down the dream with stone and mortar.

---
Guides and other contributions: http://www.esque.com/slr/gamefaqs/
FFX, FFXII, KH, KH Re:CoM, KH2, Okage: Shadow King, Secret Agent Clank
#6ferdk16Posted 2/12/2013 11:03:08 AM
Spoilers ahead

I assume as many times as he got close to the city.

He didn't blast it 10 years ago because Jecht bumped into him while training in the sea, apparently far enough for Sin to not see DZ and obliterate it.

Mtbanger posted...
Also I just kinda assumed that Tidus was the DZ summoning approximation of Shuyin, that is, they're actually the same person, just that Tidus is a (very) rough approximation of him that has changed over a thousand years.

The thing with this is that the people in DZ are summoned by dreams of the fayth. If they were to base a dream of theirs on Shuyin, they do so with what they know about Shuyin, which is his current self during the Machina War. Instead, Tidus is not dreamed (dreamt?) in his teens, he is born like anyone else, he's a kid and then he grows up and turns to be similar to Shuyin. For the fayth to base all of this they would have to know Shuyin's lineage for the past 1000 years to make it match Tidus's (which would mean Shuyin had a Jecht look-a-like father, etc). This is a bit of a stretch, in my opinion. For me the most reasonable thing is: he just looks like Shuyin, that's it.
---
Latest cover: Ken's Stage Theme (Street Fighter II) [HD]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VJpCZwwZEw