This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Summoning after Sin *spoilers maybe*

#1InninXIPosted 2/17/2013 10:20:50 PM
So this has been bugging me for a while now. We all know summoning predates sin because Zanarkand used Summoners as soldiers. We also know you need a fayth in order to summon. Since Yunalesca obviously isnt the only person that can create fayth; is it possible for someone after YY/Yunalesca were defeated to become fayth for summoning? Does anyone know how/who creates fayth?

---
tl;dr Can people still become fayth for summoning after sin?
---
PSN: YoninXI
Fat Princess and Emmett Main: "EASY Cake MONEY Please!"
#2BBK_KidPosted 2/17/2013 10:33:56 PM
I would imagine it's just some kind of powerful magic spell. Yu Yevon and Yunalesca both were capable of it. I can only really guess what the spell entailed, but the person becoming a fayth probably plays a large part in it as well.
---
"Zach, you're a genius. Your talents are wasted in that moose hole of a state you live in."- Ray (x2)
#3MtbangerPosted 2/17/2013 10:42:13 PM
The only two people stated to be able to do it were from Zanarkand, and they're a kinda dead breed.

The art of becoming a fayth was probably lost when Zanarkand fell.

Related to this though: How many summoners do you think there were at any given time? Because if there's only one of each Aeon (that is, Yuna and Dona couldn't both summon, say, Ifrit at the same time) it would make it a game of chance as to whether or not you succeeded in summoning.
#4karmasNcarnatePosted 2/17/2013 11:39:48 PM
To add to this interesting topic, if lady yunalesca and yu yevon were the only two summoners who knew how to create fayth, then how did all the other fayths come to be at their current temples?

And for that matter, since we're on the subject, if zanarkand was losing the war, troops were climbing gagazet from beville, yu yevon took the survivors and turned them into the giant fayth, and summoned sin, destroying the real zanarkand in the first place right? So if all the inhabitants of the city were destroyed, how long after was yunalesca and lord zaon defeating the first incarnation of sin? And why is she knows how to create fayth? Oh and lastly, this has always bugged me sin came before DZ right? Or because of it?

Okay I'm making my own head hurt here so I'll just shut up now.
---
Sony and Nike have the right philosophy; live life loud, just do it! Yadadamean? East Bay represent. psn same as here hit me if you have a mic 18+ please
#5BBK_KidPosted 2/17/2013 11:53:37 PM
There's no evidence that Yunalesca and Yu Yevon were the ONLY people capable of creating fayths. They're just the only two we know for sure do it.

Sin and DZ came to be at around the same time, but DZ was probably first, even if only by a little bit.

For some good lore on all of this, talk to Maechen at Mt. Gagazet after getting the airship. He gives some important backstory.
---
"Zach, you're a genius. Your talents are wasted in that moose hole of a state you live in."- Ray (x2)
#6CryofthePlanetPosted 2/18/2013 7:12:01 AM
karmasNcarnate posted...
And for that matter, since we're on the subject, if zanarkand was losing the war, troops were climbing gagazet from beville, yu yevon took the survivors and turned them into the giant fayth, and summoned sin, destroying the real zanarkand in the first place right? So if all the inhabitants of the city were destroyed, how long after was yunalesca and lord zaon defeating the first incarnation of sin? And why is she knows how to create fayth? Oh and lastly, this has always bugged me sin came before DZ right? Or because of it?

Sin was created during the Machina War. Zanarkand was getting crushed because of the machina and all that, so Yu Yevon gathered the survivors of Zanarkand and turned them into fayth to create Dream Zanarkand. He had DZ materialize out to sea out of the way before he drew pyreflies to himself to form Sin.

Originally, Sin was supposed to just protect DZ and help to keep it hidden as well as destroying any large city/any city that was dependent on machina. It was supposed to be used primarily against Bevelle, but the strain of such a massive spell strained Yu Yevon's mind and he eventually lost control, so Sin just became a rampant monster that attacked machina cities. When Yu Yevon lost control, Sin attacked any city that fit that goal, including the real Zanarkand.

Not really sure if it's ever explained how many people can create fayth, but Yunalesca remained as an Unsent to keep the pilgrimage going with the Final Aeon. I'm sure there were more people, once upon a time.
---
Check out my band! I'm the bassist :3
http://www.reverbnation.com/atdeathsbehest
#7CroutonmanPosted 2/18/2013 7:38:13 AM
Doesn't it only require sacrifice to become a fayth? Didn't Seymour's mother sacrifice herself to become a fayth to become Anima?

I may be a bit rusty, but I thought that was the jist of it. Getting ready for my next playthrough.
#8CryofthePlanetPosted 2/18/2013 7:47:44 AM
Croutonman posted...
Doesn't it only require sacrifice to become a fayth? Didn't Seymour's mother sacrifice herself to become a fayth to become Anima?

I may be a bit rusty, but I thought that was the jist of it. Getting ready for my next playthrough.

AFAIK yeah. Anima is Seymour's Final Aeon, right? If that's true... seems odd to have a FA summoned by another summoner, but that may just be me.

On that note, does anything happen if you summon Anima against Seymour? Never tried it.
---
Check out my band! I'm the bassist :3
http://www.reverbnation.com/atdeathsbehest
#9InninXI(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 8:15:49 AM
CryofthePlanet posted...
Croutonman posted...

AFAIK yeah. Anima is Seymour's Final Aeon, right? If that's true... seems odd to have a FA summoned by another summoner, but that may just be me.

On that note, does anything happen if you summon Anima against Seymour? Never tried it.

He says "So you'll oppose me too So be it.? Then tries to banish Anima
---
PSN: YoninXI
Fat Princess and Emmett Main: "EASY Cake MONEY Please!"
#10falconesquePosted 2/18/2013 9:24:01 AM
InninXI posted...
We also know you need a fayth in order to summon

We only know that's the "truth" as Yuna was taught. Doubtless there's more to it than what's now told.

The actual facts are lost in time, hopelessly obscured by individual ambitions. And hopefully (considering SE's feeble storytelling skills these days) will remain lost and open to further idle speculation forever.

Best wishes with your quest, InninXI.
---
Guides and other contributions: http://www.esque.com/slr/gamefaqs/
FFX, FFXII, KH, KH Re:CoM, KH2, Okage: Shadow King, Secret Agent Clank