This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What does Magic Booster do?

#1Night_Drift_NPosted 2/27/2013 5:53:58 PM
I don't understand?

And if I just use One MP Use. What does that mean for a Doublecast Thundaga at 999MP. How much MP is that? 2?

What does the Magic Booster use in the double MP thing?
---
(+.[__].::)
#2thetrueoskarPosted 2/27/2013 6:24:51 PM
What does the Magic Booster use in the double MP thing?

MP.
---
V Valentine-What sort of person are you to get attacked in the bathroom? How'd you tick someone off so bad they'd attack you in the bathroom?
#3Night_Drift_N(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 6:25:32 PM
What if I have 999 for Sphere Grid? I don't need it or something I guess!
---
(+.[__].::)
#4GeistSRPosted 2/27/2013 7:08:40 PM
It doubles the MP cost and power of spells in combat. If you Doublecast with One MP Cost, you will use 1 MP each casting, so 2 MP total.
#5jobber2022497Posted 2/27/2013 8:25:41 PM
GeistSR posted...
It doubles the MP cost and power of spells in combat. If you Doublecast with One MP Cost, you will use 1 MP each casting, so 2 MP total.

It's a 1.5x multiplier to magical damage.

Due to the doubled MP cost, each cast with [One MP Cost]+[Magic Booster] will cost 2 MP, meaning that you'd need 4 MP total for Doublecast (barring 0 MP Cost status granted by Freedom et al.)

---
"If you want to know why [George R. R.] Martin doesn't know how to write sex, go find a picture of him and you will have your answer." -- Gestapoid
#6HayanNinjaPosted 2/27/2013 10:43:19 PM
^ It should be noted that Magic Booster (and for that matter, Magic+??%) works on Auto-Life (provided the person *casting* it has the Booster/+??% - doesn't matter what the person being targetted has). This even applies when you obtain Auto-Life via Hyper Mighty G. Also; it should be noted that Magic Booster does not (as far as I'm aware) have any effect on status magic (Bio, Death, etc) or non-curative White Magic, despite still doubling the MP cost. But I believe it *does* affect Demi.
---
WARNING
You just lost the game.
#7BBK_KidPosted 2/28/2013 3:59:16 AM
You know, it would be neat if Magic Booster Bio inflicted Hornet's poison or went through immunity or something not quite as overpowered as either two of those.
---
"Zach, you're a genius. Your talents are wasted in that moose hole of a state you live in."- Ray (x2)
#8HayanNinjaPosted 2/28/2013 4:05:05 AM
... x1.5 Poison damage?
---
WARNING
You just lost the game.
#9BBK_KidPosted 2/28/2013 4:39:22 AM
Shh, that makes too much sense. But changing the poison damage stat to 37.5% would be a logical choice, I guess.
---
"Zach, you're a genius. Your talents are wasted in that moose hole of a state you live in."- Ray (x2)
#10thetrueoskarPosted 2/28/2013 5:16:55 AM
Obviously, magick boostered bio should act like meteor from earlier games.
---
V Valentine-What sort of person are you to get attacked in the bathroom? How'd you tick someone off so bad they'd attack you in the bathroom?