This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bevelle Cloister of Trials

#1Gaming_EsquirePosted 5/6/2013 10:03:18 PM
Ugh. I don't even want to continue playing! Why do they put these lame offbeat segments in? The clock anomaly mini "games" in FF13-2 also come to mind.

Do people actually get satisfaction from solving these legitimately? For me it's a ten minute play along with YouTube. But it also killed the game for like ten days.
---
Congrats to Geddy, Alex and Neil for their long-overdue induction to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (4-18-13)
#2Death_SpasmPosted 5/7/2013 1:03:49 AM
I enjoyed all the trials up until that one. Confusing as hell, fortunately I had the official guide when I first played it before youtube existed.
---
Slinky + Escalator = EVERLASTING FUN
#3Moomba33Posted 5/7/2013 5:05:47 AM
I beat it on my own.
Wasn't much fun, but it was okay.
---
"Oh, I never leave home without my party cannon!" -Pinkie Pie
#4falconesquePosted 5/7/2013 5:07:42 AM
Nah, I really enjoyed solving Bevelle's cloister. Of all of them, Bevelle proved the most satisfying.

Filter the haze through which you're experiencing FFX backward, long before uToob existed. And maybe consider how the current generation of SE games numbs players to so small a mental challenge.

Yes, I miss that last turn now and again myself. Usually because I wait too long or I'm too impatient I try for the quick draw. My bad, because the game anticipated that difficulty and allows for that, giving me another, viable option: Try turning in sooner. Then when coming out the speed is slower.

Trial and error, still an excellent learning tool. Sorely missing from the modern era of gaming. They don't trust the players to figure it out anymore, they just hand out cheap cookies now, and that's sad.
---
Guides and other contributions: http://www.esque.com/slr/gamefaqs/
FFX, FFXII, KH, KH Re:CoM, KH2, Okage: Shadow King, Secret Agent Clank
#5jakezing33Posted 5/7/2013 6:14:22 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6marthoglyPosted 5/7/2013 8:42:24 AM(edited)
I hate the cloisters, they range from simply boring to frustrating. The worst thing is that you have one shot for the one in Bevelle, and if you don't get the treasure, then say goodbye to Anima.
The same applies more or less for the Besaid one if you have the PAL/Int. version because of Dark Valefor

falconesque posted...
Nah, I really enjoyed solving Bevelle's cloister. Of all of them, Bevelle proved the most satisfying.

Filter the haze through which you're experiencing FFX backward, long before uToob existed. And maybe consider how the current generation of SE games numbs players to so small a mental challenge.

Yes, I miss that last turn now and again myself. Usually because I wait too long or I'm too impatient I try for the quick draw. My bad, because the game anticipated that difficulty and allows for that, giving me another, viable option: Try turning in sooner. Then when coming out the speed is slower.

Trial and error, still an excellent learning tool. Sorely missing from the modern era of gaming. They don't trust the players to figure it out anymore, they just hand out cheap cookies now, and that's sad.

Still, FFX is easier compared to other FFs though. But generally I hear the same complaint as yours about new games.Too easy to the point you think they believe you are not smart enough to figure out sth by yourself.

Unfortunately I don't have a new gen console so I don't know :/
---
Legend of Dragoon:what I exactly want from an RPG
#7GacherzPosted 5/7/2013 9:24:13 AM
marthogly posted...
I hate the cloisters, they range from simply boring to frustrating. The worst thing is that you have one shot for the one in Bevelle, and if you don't get the treasure, then say goodbye to Anima.

I don't know why this is so widely believed, some early FAQ must have said it I guess.

But yeah, the HP Sphere which is unmissable is the Cloisters treasure, not the Knight Lance.

Also if mentioned the Dark Aeons then Dark Shiva blocking the Macalania treasure is more problematic than Dark Valefor.
#8pure mind gamesPosted 5/7/2013 9:41:15 AM(edited)
For me it's a ten minute play along with YouTube.

You probably shouldn't mention that out loud
---
Parasite Eve(Blind) Episode 06 - Day 5(pt2) - http://youtu.be/LBSRVjP0IVA
Parasite Eve(Blind) Episode 07 - Day 5(pt3) - http://youtu.be/aj5kyYAQVf8
#9Gaming_Esquire(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 9:41:30 AM
falconesque posted...

So many assumptions brah. First, I played it at the time so I'm not experiencing it backward. I played it legit back in 2001 or whatever. For my next playthrough in 2003 I used gamefaqs. For this play through, YouTube exists and I'm gonna use it, as I did for the Machalania temple.

The point is I shouldn't have to. It's poor game design. I want a turn based jrpg. I am not looking to play the Adventures of Lolo or
Portal. I don't want a puzzle game, that's why I'm playing a turn based RPG.

Second, I've been playing since FF I, so I am not coddled by modern SE games. Heck, back in the day we had to memorize the monsters stats and keep track of what damage we dealt, lest we get an "ineffective."

Third, if they wanted to add challenge, add sensible challenge. Give me a tough ass boss to beat. Don't make a half assed, tacked on "mini game" to pad time and add "challenge."
---
Congrats to Geddy, Alex and Neil for their long-overdue induction to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (4-18-13)
#10pure mind gamesPosted 5/7/2013 9:49:33 AM
The point is I shouldn't have to. It's poor game design.

Poor game design doesn't come from the players inability to figure out the simplest of tasks, this isn't finding hidden caves in The Legend of Zelda

Second, I've been playing since FF I, so I am not coddled by modern SE games. Heck, back in the day we had to memorize the monsters stats and keep track of what damage we dealt, lest we get an "ineffective."

And you're confused by the cloister of trails? I call BS on this statement

Third, if they wanted to add challenge, add sensible challenge. Give me a tough ass boss to beat. Don't make a half assed, tacked on "mini game" to pad time and add "challenge."

If you can't figure out the trails how the hell do you expect to handle a tough boss?
---
Parasite Eve(Blind) Episode 06 - Day 5(pt2) - http://youtu.be/LBSRVjP0IVA
Parasite Eve(Blind) Episode 07 - Day 5(pt3) - http://youtu.be/aj5kyYAQVf8