This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there an RPG(preferably a Final Fantasy game) that comes close to this game?

#1Jimm3rF3rdettePosted 7/18/2013 12:38:44 PM
SO, in my opinion, Final Fantasy X is the best game ever made. I used to love the old school RPGs like FFVII, FFVIII , FFIX(only played some of it) , Kingdom Hearts, and Star Ocean was decent, but I much prefered the final fantasy style.

That was all 2 gens ago though. This current gen, I have not bought a single RPG, and thats because the stories seem so cheesy and the game just seems like it was made purely with Asian gamers in mind (no offense) and without appeal to Westerners.

So, Final Fantasy X is my favorite game of all time. It had an amazing story, nice ,clean, and pretty basic battle system that required skill / strategy , and all around was just a great game.

So, is there any new Final Fantasy that compares to this?? If not, is there an upcoming RPG I should look forward to?

Looking for the opinions of prefarably those that agree with me that FFX is the greatest game of all time, but anyone who loved FFX over the other Final Fantasy games can also help me out here.

Thanks in advance.
---
Final Fantasy X is the greatest game ever made.
#2YipkenduPosted 7/18/2013 12:59:19 PM
The problem with this is that if I tell you an RPG is as good or better than this one, it will create unrealistic expectations and thus, you will probably never consider it objectively.

There is no "best" RPG. Only different games that want you experience different things. Some focus on story, some on gameplay, some on difficulty, etc.

For older games I can mention Legend of Dragoon, Final Fantasy Tactics, Skies of Arcadia Legends, Rogue Galaxy and Tales of Symphonia.

From this gen, Lost Odyssey and Xenoblade.
---
Brawl FC: 0387-9927-8684 Brawl Name: Sai
GFWL Tag: Yipkendu
#3Jimm3rF3rdette(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 2:14:33 PM
Yipkendu posted...
The problem with this is that if I tell you an RPG is as good or better than this one, it will create unrealistic expectations and thus, you will probably never consider it objectively.

There is no "best" RPG. Only different games that want you experience different things. Some focus on story, some on gameplay, some on difficulty, etc.

For older games I can mention Legend of Dragoon, Final Fantasy Tactics, Skies of Arcadia Legends, Rogue Galaxy and Tales of Symphonia.

From this gen, Lost Odyssey and Xenoblade.

I want a game that has the old final fantasy feel to it. Those games seem totally different.
---
Final Fantasy X is the greatest game ever made.
#4LOLZuMadBroPosted 7/18/2013 2:57:58 PM
Xenogears, though some people hate it due to lots of text/dialogue. It began as a FF so it sorta has that feel to it.

If you just want a FF then I'd say VI is a great game as well, it's my favorite of the series so far (I haven't yet played X-2-XIII-2)
---
I avoid cliches like the plague.
#5ferdk16Posted 7/18/2013 4:10:14 PM
Jimm3rF3rdette posted...

I want a game that has the old final fantasy feel to it. Those games seem totally different.

I thought you said you want a game like FFX in the first post. FFX doesn't have the "old final fantasy feel". Though I agree it's the best one, at least my favorite.
---
Latest Video: Bike Chase (Chrono Trigger) [HD]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykuONB4U0BU
#6LadyYachiruPosted 7/18/2013 4:19:00 PM
I would also recommend Lost Odyssey O.O

Final Fantasy XII is a good game but its gameplay is a teeny tiny.....lot different.....

Never played XI or XIV...and that's all there is to say about this gens FFs...
---
Vita teneat nisi miseriam.
#7M_InfernumPosted 7/18/2013 5:33:32 PM
From the current gen, I'm going to recommend Dragon Age: Origins. It's not a traditional RPG like the FF series, but it's still a fantastic game, easily one of the best of the current gen. It always keeps me coming back for more. I also recommend the Suikoden series (PS1 + PS2). If you like having a lot of playable characters, you'll like the Suikoden series. The stories are great as well. There are also some Tactics-style games available for the PS2 that are pretty good, if you like those. La Pucelle: Tactics, Phantom Brave, and Makai Kingdom are all fun.

You might find something in that list that you like.
---
My artwork: http://m-infernum.deviantart.com/
#8AlmasNo1FanPosted 7/18/2013 8:04:46 PM
FFX's battle system isn't really unique per say... And FFIX was the more traditional RPG in terms of Final Fantasy.

I dunno', I think FFX is great in its own right, why not play X-2? You'll definitely get mixed reviews on the game, but overall, its a fun experience.
---
http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab307/yeahthatboy/gamefaqsqueens.png
By: ilikeikeilikeik
#9jakezing33Posted 7/18/2013 8:47:32 PM
:Old School RPG's like FFVII-FFIX"

what?
---
"HomeStucks and Bronies :D"
"If i made an AI, it would be called "JakeAI" and would be a Tsundere by default"
#10Vindication123Posted 7/19/2013 1:14:44 AM
Wild Arms 3. Around the same era as FFX.
---
'The Intel i7-3770 if you're rich, the i5 2500K, i53570 or i53570k if you're doing okay, the AMD A10-5800K or i3 if you're just about hanging in there.'