This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark Matter

#1dothackfanPosted 11/10/2013 3:07:07 AM
I have fought countless enemies at the Creature arena and haven't gotten a single Dark Matter drop, am I doing something wrong?
Also, where is the best place to get weapons and armor with 4 empty slots?
---
PSN: Notrucks
#2BBK_KidPosted 11/10/2013 3:14:22 AM
First of all, you are fighting the creations at the monster arena, and not just any old thing you've caught, right? Just to make sure. Creations have a 1/8th chance to drop Dark Matter, so it's possible in theory that you could fight forever there and never get a single drop.

Four-slotted equipment can be bought from Wantz right at the beginning of Macalania assuming you talked to him during your first ascent on Mt. Gagazet. If you didn't, Wantz won't show up and you'll have to win empty-slotted armor from an assortment of fiends in the last dungeon or the Omega Ruins: Adamantoise, Black Element, Master Tonberry, and Varuna. (The robots in the Zanarkand Dome can also drop them but the chances are lower).
---
Why see the world when you got the beach?
#3dothackfan(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 5:07:33 PM
Yeah i'm fighting monsters in the creature arena.
But that makes sense if the drop rate is that low.
Is there anyway I could increase the drop rate for it? I just want the Break Damage Limit so I can one hit the Omega Dungeon monsters and level my Characters.
Also, triple AP, what's the best way of obtaining that?

Ah I see, I don't know if I talked to him or not i'll have to check that out again when I play tonight.
Thank you. :)
---
#4BBK_KidPosted 11/10/2013 5:59:00 PM
Nope, the rate is how it is. If you want Break Damage Limit though, the celestial weapons are much easier to get and much better.

The easiest way to get Triple AP weapons is to fight One-Eye in the arena (you unlock it by capturing four? of each floating eyeball).
---
Why see the world when you got the beach?
#5dothackfan(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 11:22:37 PM
BBK_Kid posted...
Nope, the rate is how it is. If you want Break Damage Limit though, the celestial weapons are much easier to get and much better.

The easiest way to get Triple AP weapons is to fight One-Eye in the arena (you unlock it by capturing four? of each floating eyeball).

That's the issue, i've spent hours, countless frustrating hours on that damn 0.00.00 for Tidus's celestial, i've given up -_-
---
#6DigitalDicePosted 11/11/2013 3:36:28 PM
Have you unlocked Ultima Buster yet?

If not, not only is it useful directly, but capturing all the rares should give you loads of AP. Which means it'll be hard for you not to have someone who can start mowing down the easier creations.
#7zzanmatoPosted 11/11/2013 3:55:59 PM
FIrst of all, if you have the PAL/Int version, I would not suggest to customize BDL with your Dark Matters, but Ribbon. If you have the US version of the game, feel free to start customizing your made-self Caladbolg. Be aware of the fact that it will never have the hidden abilities that the Caladbolg has.

Second of all, you can, in no way, affect the chance of Dark Matter dropping.

For One-Eye; with First Strike Wakka/Rikku/Tidus, you can use Trio of 9999 + Attack Reels + Blitz Ace to kill him before his first turn. Overdrives can't miss, so you kill him before he had his first attack for sure. If you're strong enough, Wakka and his Attack Reels may not even need Trio of 9999. It's just bad that One-Eye's first turn is very painful.

With his Triple AP + 2 open slots weapons, you can customise Overdrive -> AP on it (and Triple Overdrive if you have the Winning Formula from the arena prize) and it's easy AP hunting.

If you really gave up on Tidus' CW, get Wakka's instead. It's tedious, but by no means hard. If you can take out Juggernaut after that, you can get start buffing up Strength. Juggernaut is an easy victim: Banishing Blade or Frag Grenade to break his armour, cast Nulblaze after his Charging turn and use Phoenix Downs as soon as someone dies. Auto-Haste and Auto-Phoenix help, but it's optional. He has quite some HP, but the more Strength Spheres you get, the easier you can kill him. If you have the Int/PAL version: boost Yuna's Strength first, since Armour Break + Oblivion makes sure work of him (I believe 100 Str is enough for Yuna to make Oblivion insta-kill after Armour Break).

Of course. first: capture all monsters to unlock all creations and prizes. Ultima Busters drops the complete set of AP weapons (3x OD, 3x AP and OD->AP), but he's pretty hard to beat without high Agi/Str/Mdef and BDL.
---
Franklin: "I don't understand what the hell we're doing, dog."
Trevor: "Your job is not to understand, but to shoot the bastards, capiche?"
#8InfinyGodslayerPosted 11/11/2013 8:11:19 PM
If you just want to complete the Omega Dungeon, you should try to get Auron's Masamune. In my opinion its the easiest celestial weapon to bring to full power(Along with Nirvana) and its the best because it have First Strike (OHKO Great Malboro) and the Low HP factor which greatly increase the damage output even if Auron's STR is not high.
---
"A god...The universe is full of gods. Who is mortal..." Gabriel Celeste - Valkyrie Profile 2 Silmeria.